1972-73 shock length ?

Started by Dwight Rudder, April 20, 2003, 04:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight Rudder

What is the correct length shock for the 1972-73
Pentons ?  All the ones I have aquired with OE shocks are 12.5" Girlings.  I thought I remember we used 13" Koni shocks on them back then and I thought I remember something on the forum about using 13.5" shocks ?   What is the correct OE length and what does everyone run on their rider bikes ?  I think I have 13" Works Performance on my Six Day. I just measured the length on the shocks on my Jackpiner and they are 12.5" ??????  I just want to know what is correct ?
Cher'o

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Larry Perkins

Dwight

I am pretty sure the stock Girlings on the CMF bikes were 12.5 inches but we put 13 and 13.5 inch Konis on to improve the steering for MX.  I am not sure if the same was done for enduro or not.  The extra length was for quicker steering and the Koni addition was because the Girlings faded quicker and occassionally would bend a shaft.  Back then we raced three 20 minute motos in the expert class.

Doug Wilford

Dwight;
CMF 72-73-74  13 inch eye to eye OEM Ceriani and Girlings.   Steel Tank 69-70-71 13 3/4" eye to eye Ceriani.    Our prayers are out to you and Debbie.   These have to be tough times for both of you.

Dwight Rudder

Thanks for the Info guys, and Doug, thankyou for the thoughts. Debbie is hanging tough but is still in quite a bit of pain. I believe the next 5 months will be interesting to say the least.
Cher'o,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Kip Kern

Dwight  The Hi Point catalog calls for 12.5" replacements for the CMF, and 13.5" for the Steel Tank.