Web Site Changes

Started by Bill Smith, May 02, 2003, 10:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Smith

The Officers for The Penton Owners Group have recently appointed me to administer and maintain the POG web site.  I have been a member since the club's conception and feel there are many more things this site could offer to its members and other interested individuals around the world.

In the upcoming months you will be seeing changes to the web site.  I have received one suggestion from a member through Doug Wilford, but would like to hear from more of you as to what you would like to see new or changed on the web site.  

Also, does anyone have a good picture of John Penton (1967-77) riding on or standing by a Penton motorcycle?  I would like to use this on the web site.  Hopefully this could be picture not ever seen before by the general public.  Please send prospective photos to [email protected] or contact me at 1-734-729-3496.

Bill Smith

john durrill

Bill I have one of John P. at the 73 stone mt national. he is kneeling beside a 175 piner with a clutch part in had in deep thought chuckle chuckle. would that one do?
John D.

Bob

Quotequote:
I would like to hear from more of you as to what you would like to see new or changed on the web site.  

Hi Bill. Please include a section on how to identify your Penton.
There are jpegs covering all years and a text version as well. You can find it all at the Penton Yahoo group in the files section. Thanks.

Bill Smith

John,
The photo we are looking for would be used on the home page but we would be interested in seeing your photo for use on upcoming web pages.  I guess JP pondering over what happened to his Penton would not be considered ideal for the lead in photo to our website, don't you think?

Bill

Jdbglover

My suggestion for a website improvement would be a library section of Penton articles out of old motorcyle magazines.  For example I have an article on a 1976 175 Jackpiner enduro, I would be glad to scan and send to the website so that other poggers could read the article and use it as a reference source.

Thank You

John Glover

john durrill

Bill I will send it.
 it was taken before the start and I think it was just maint. being done, not a breakdown on the trail.
 Its a great shot , good enough we kept it all these years .
 I would suggest if possible a section on Tech articles. one with jetting info , pipe dimensions, clearance measurements ,porting specs , ways to do specific jobs, i.e. remove swing arm bearings, how to set up steering head clearance, water proofing,  etc.
 We could close down the Yahoo group site that way.
John D.

Edited by - john durrill on 05/04/2003  09:40:48 AM

swamp fox

Bill,
Being a new member to the POG, I would be interested in seeing as many of the old Still...Keeping Track issues. I've gone back and read all through the forum to decifer any info I can cram into my middle aged brain. So much info and so little time!

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

tlanders

This site is a great help to all of us. I would love it if the posts were sorted with the last post on top instead at on the bottom.

Teddy

rd400pi

Bill, thanks in advance for your work.  These things are often thankless.  All the suggestions so far seem pretty good.  Any chance of color photos with the bike ID section?  Kind of like the Bultaco site I saw recently.  It wasn't Hugh's but I could find it again if you need it.  Thanks again!

Mike Husted (rd400pi)

Edited by - rd400pi on 05/05/2003  6:45:17 PM

swamp fox

Bill,
Being a new member to the POG, I would be interested in seeing as many of the old Still...Keeping Track issues. I've gone back and read all through the forum to decifer any info I can cram into my middle aged brain. So much info and so little time!

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

tlanders

This site is a great help to all of us. I would love it if the posts were sorted with the last post on top instead at on the bottom.

Teddy

rd400pi

Bill, thanks in advance for your work.  These things are often thankless.  All the suggestions so far seem pretty good.  Any chance of color photos with the bike ID section?  Kind of like the Bultaco site I saw recently.  It wasn't Hugh's but I could find it again if you need it.  Thanks again!

Mike Husted (rd400pi)

Edited by - rd400pi on 05/05/2003  6:45:17 PM

Bill Smith

Thanks for all your input on website ideas.  We are having difficulty finding a good, clear photo of JP with a Penton to use on the website homepage.  

Because of this we would now like to consider using another photo with a person riding a Penton in competition, whether it be now or 30 years ago.  If you have good,  clear shot (digital preferred) of yourself, friend, or another rider, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks,
Bill Smith

tmc3c

Congrats Bill ! On you new position, I am sure you will do a great job.The one thing I would like is more Pictures of bikes that can be blown up so we can see details & correct colors of certian year bikes.Thanks in advance for all of your hard work to come.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler