Big, big bore.

Started by rob w, May 30, 2003, 07:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

ATK has some new dirt bike models out. One is called the "700 Indimidator. It has a 685cc 2-stroke single, the bore and stroke is 100 x 87mm. I wonder how that is to kick start? and the vibration? That's almost twice the displacement as a big Penton!
atkusa.com

Kip Kern

If I'am not mistaken, the new motors are from "Maico" out of Germany and the cost per motor is around $3,000 plus.  Reason I know this is I work with a guy who still deals with Maico and wants to ship in an engine for personal use!

Dr.2Stroke

KTM made a 550 two stroke watercooled bike especially for the american market in 1990 until 96.i could buy such a beast in 1993 without engine(they needed it for sidecar motocross),but i built in a 600  ccm 2 stroke engine,based on a KTM 500 engine. the 650 engine stands ready in my home on the piano..... i firstly need to change the frame to built in,but the 600 ccm engine brings about 80 ponnies,measured on a dynojet. this is like riding on a cruise missile!!! it is the most extreme bike i ve ever ridden,and it brings 100 times more fun than every girl on this planet.Any questions?