Best Race Day EVER

Started by Mick Milakovic, May 27, 2003, 08:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Great Lakes Regional round 1:  Bob Wardlow won the Sportsman 500 novice, Greg Troyan won the 40+ intermediate, I won the Gran Prix 500 novice (on a Husky), and there was one other Penton rider there that I lost track of.  Also, my daughter won the "Trailblazer" class and my son got 5th in the 50cc SR class.

The best part of the day for me, however, was finally getting to meet some of the people I've been talking to.  And not just meet, but experience some of the hospitality that gets expressed on this site.  I blew all four screws out of the exhaust header on my bike in the first moto.  I got the screws from Tom Boyd and the wrenches from Bob Wardlow.  I also got a lot of positive support from Greg.  Thanks guys, it was the best race day of my life.

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick

tim bowers

I too raced Log Road MX. My 77 400 performed
flawlessly after 2 years of sorting it out.
Now I will work on me. The Penton guys I met were just as friendly and helpful as you say.

Mick Milakovic

Sorry I missed you, Tim.  If that was your Orange Penton it was beautiful!

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick

tim bowers

Yeah that was mine. I won the Historic 500
Int. but was in the process of getting a
riding lesson when Mark Nelson's carby fell off his Maico giving me the win. It has been awhile since I have raced but it felt good!!
I think I got second in PV 40 int.Thanks
for the compliments. Maybe I'll see you at
Akron.
A few more hours on the bike and I'll be up to speed I hope.

rob w

A picture of my Penton at Log Road, MI. on AHRMA, Great Lakes regional site.

//www.ahrma.org/greatlakes/pictures2.htm

tomale

Hi rob, I took a look at the pictures... nice! The last race I had the misfortune of trying to pass a guy on a 77' tt 500 I followed that guy for about three laps. I could not seem to get by him. And like the caption I had mud all over me. That 500 blew mud everywhere. It was a good thing that I was wearing a full face helmet. I finally did get by him, He over shot the last corner and I slipped underneath him and narrowly crossed the line for the win.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Mick Milakovic

Bob, nice picture, but it doesn't do your bike justice.  It's only when someone gets close to your bike and sees the crafstmanship involved that they can appreciate it!

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick