See'ns I am not a Penton expeert....is
there a difference between a 74 Harescrambler
250 and an MX?
Thank you very much
Tim Bowers
1977 MC 5 400

rob w

Tim,
 Howz it goin? I believe all 74 Penton 250's were name the "Harescrambler", there were the two versions, enduro & mx, the differences between the two were the enduro had a head light, speedo, speedo mount, long rear fender w/tail light, larger gas tank, and big enduro exhaust pipe w/chrome tip.

I just picked up a 74 250 enduro model, completely original down to every nut & bolt, in has an honest 258 miles on it. It was kept inside but it's not exactly shinny new.
 I would like to know if they came stock with a larger rear sprocket and brake light switch.

I have bought that bike and a few others to be released back into the wild at Mid-Ohio.

Tim, about the other post you have, lets talk next week about the 78 tank, going to get the bike in chicago right now. I need to look it over more closely, I probably will not want to put any money into it because again, I'm just trying to sell these as is.

Bob

Blue_Dog

They came with brake light switch. I think it was mounted to the rear of the brake peddle and spring loaded.
B_D