POGGERS at Thunder Ridge

Started by tlanders, July 09, 2003, 12:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

I do not do a good job of this, we need Dave Withrow to go to all events!!!! Anyway, I got to meet Dennis Foley, Joe Brillo and John ? (from Vermont) all on Pentons/KTMs. Mark Schmidt with his beautiful Mint 400 camped next to Rosemary, Pepper, and me. I only know how Mark and I faired - we won our vintage classes!!!!! He won the sportsman 500 Intermediate and I the Old Fart Intermediate. The course was very rocky but very challenging and fun. They kept trying to water it down to keep the dust down and then it was greasy and rocky. My Pentons worked flawlessly. I got the hole shot in both motos but it didn't take long for Jeff Smith (expert) to pass me. I held the other experts and intermediates off until the last lap and then another expert passed me. I wish I could ride as fast and smoothly as Jeff. Obviously my Penton is faster than his BSA, I got both hole shots. He just walked away from everyone, probably at least a half a lap in front of the next bike at the end of 5 laps. Maybe next time---------.

Teddy

Blue_Dog

T
I must say "Congrat's" one Old Fart to another.

B_D