Sixdays steel tank Questions?

Started by crash carden, August 29, 2003, 12:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash carden

Hello Pentons fans. I just bought a 125 sixdays steel tank Penton. The frame # is V384 it has the metal air box that bolts in the frame, also the motor is missing & so is the seat,and the rear shocks. So any info. on what type of sachs motor, seat, and rear shocks it should have? I plan on doing a total restoration of the bike. The chrome gas cap has a lever that you turn counter clock ways and then it flips up.I have always wanted a steel tanker,I just don't know that much about them. I have done a total restoration on my original "73" Jackpiner. Also just bought a very nice "73" 250 harescrambler. I Love those Pentons! Thanks for any help/advise on history & parts locations etc.. Crash Carden TEAM PENTON!

crash carden

Also what are the correct rims for this bike? Thanks again ,Crash Carden.

firstturn

Crash - The engine is the cast Iron cylinder type and the seat is short variety.  Doug Wilford and the Marrs Flash(Paul Danik) are real pro's on these early bikes.  Kip kern has built many from scratch.  Great job on getting the air cleaner - it is extremely hard to find.  Any pictures I can help you with I can try to take some or anything else please let me know.  The guys I mentioned are all PRO'S  My e-Mail is [email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

pablito356

Hallo crash
can you tell me the year of this Penton? is very early
thanks, Paolo

paolo gandossi
paolo gandossi

Randy Kirkbride

Hi Crash,
You may be interested in the Six Days engine on ebay now.  I think it's just what you need.  #2430172285

crash carden

Thank you Firstturn for the info.greatly appreciated, Crash.

crash carden

Pablit 356, I am guessing this Penton 125 sixdays is a 1968 model? Frame # V384. Maybe someone who knows for sure will respond to this post and we will both know. Thanks, Crash.

crash carden

Thank you Randy Kirbride for the tip on the engine on Ebay I'll check it out. Thanks again, Crash.

Doug Wilford

A picture to [email protected] would help.    If you have the two piece green airbox and a 4 bolt rear sprocket  the shocks would be the totally enclosed with green tops and white bottoms and it would be a 68.  Any three digit Pentons are highly sought after.