Thanks to POG Family

Started by firstturn, September 14, 2003, 09:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

This is to everyone:  It has been one year since my transplant(Friday Sept. 13,2002).  I'm doing so well that the doctors are actually interested in helping old racers - they like the never give up attitude or so they say.  The members of POG never gave up on me with their thoughts and Prayers.  A special thanks to Paul Danik, Doug Wilford, Al Born and to our Presiden Al Buehner.  Also without John P. bring us all togather under the Penton Banner life for me would not be the same.  Life is Special and please remember that there are people like me that get a second chance.  Thanks again - its Sunday lets go Racing.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

Ron,

I don't imagine you have any superstitions about Friday the 13th anymore!!!!  It sure was great to see you at VMD looking so chipper and towing your You'all trailer full of Penton goodies.  Ditto on your JP comment.
Paul

Larry Perkins

Ron

I heard you were so tough that the Doctor broke a half a dozen scapels just getting in to do the work.  JUST KIDDING!  Glad you are here my friend and I hope and pray to be saying that when you celebrate your 20th anniversary of transplant.  Substituition would be a better word though.  And now substituting for Ron's liver...

Congrats Ron!  All that know you are glad.  If not, line them up and I'll kick their ass.

Always the comedian I am.

Kip Kern

Congratulations Ron.  It sure was great to see you at Mid Ohio.  It is also wonderful to be a part of such a great group of people here in the POG.  Call/write if I can be of service!

firstturn

Kip - Thanks for the help in making my trip to Mid-Ohio possible.  Without your help and encouragement going to Mid-Ohio would have been near impossible.  OK -Thanks for the parking place and drive in pass.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

I have never met Ron face to face, but maybe this week?!?!?! In the short time I have known him via E-mail and the phone, he is a wonderful person and a great asset to this outstanding group of folks. He has inspired me to hang on to a few of my time machines. Ron, you are a great inspiration to all of us and when I think things are getting bad I just think of what you have gone through and realize that I don't have it so bad. Looking forward to meeting you soon and doing a bit of bench racing. You are a true friend, even if you are from Baja Oklahoma!

Donny Smith

Edited by - oucwboy on 09/14/2003  10:08:44 PM

Edited by - oucwboy on 09/15/2003  12:56:57 AM
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

imported_n/a

Ron, you are an inspiration to all of us.  Each day as we deal with the ups and downs of life, it needs to be in the context how things really are.  

Congratulations.

Glenn

tomale

I just wanted to echo what ever one else has already stated so well.
It is important to know that there are those who do make it through life difining changes and come out the other side. better for it. MY wife has lost both of her parents and one older sister. to cancer and heart problems. It has been rough watching and knowing I can do nothing but pray. Which I do, and have. Things like this change us either for the better of the worse. Heat melts butter but hardens clay, so trials can either melt us or harden us. The choice is ours. Nice to know that you did not give up and that you did not grow bitter either. WAY TO GO !  Keep up the good work. Hopefully one day I will meet you and some of the other great guys here at Penton central. I look forward to checking this site often to see what is going on. It is more than I find great information. It is not even about the bikes it is the people that make this place special.
Keep the tank side up

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

OUCWBOY

I just spent 5 SHORT hours visiting with Ron! I want all to know that he is a wonderful man and has become a true friend. I am so thankful to have met him and trust that we will remain friends for life. Can't wait until I can meet the rest of the Penton Family too!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tmc3c

You got to move SOUTH Donny !

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler