POG Meeting Oct. 3 @ ISDTRR

Started by Doug Wilford, September 26, 2003, 05:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Wilford

Figuring this gathering of POG Members is a good time to hold a brief meeting, and get to know each other better.   It is my understanding that the local volunteer fire department is going to have a BBQ  The tenative time for the meeting is 5:00 PM  it is supposed to be brief, but bringing your own chair is advisable.

Edited by - Doug Wilford on 09/26/2003  6:48:48 PM

LynnCamp

Unfortunately, I bought my plane ticket 3 hours ago to fly in Saturday morning.  (I had no intention of going at all, but with all of the enthusiasm flowing from POG and after an incredibly interesting phone conversation this morning with Helmut "Speedy" Clasen, I could no longer resist.)

Are there any other POG gatherings planned -- or will POG have a booth?

The bad news that I will miss a chance to go to a POG meeting is nothing compared to the fact that I was just on the Internet trying to find a room for Saturday night and it dawned on me that Saturday is my wedding anniversary.  Yikes!!!! Now I have to figure out how to do damage control with my better half since he said he has no interest and has refused to go!!!!

Mark Annan

Lynn,

What a coincidence.  My anniversary is Saturday as well.  I tried to make the trip onto a celebratory trip for both of us.  Stephanie was having none of it.  We'll have to toast out beloved at the banquet.  See you there.

Mark A

PS Speedy is quite a character.  And a hell of a great guy.

LynnCamp

Now I don't feel quite so bad Mark.  You are on for the toast, although I understand there is a 300 limit on the Banquet and I haven't heard back from Pathfinders to see if I can get a ticket.

Since I snapped that it is our anniversary, I might be able to pull the ol' guilt trip on hubby and talk him in to going.  Would love to expose him to enduro riding and this important piece of my history.  

(and doncha know two stroke exhaust is addicting!!!)