R wheel travel

Started by Mike Lenz, September 22, 2003, 08:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Lenz

I have figured out the max allowable shaft travel for all the shock positions on the "74" frame to achieve 4 inches of rear wheel travel:
forward hole 2.6"
2nd 2.75"
3rd 2.9"
4th 3.1"
5th 3.25"
over the r axle 3.4"

tmc3c

Mike, Does this also work with a 76 frame? I assume you are dealing with 4" of wheel travel because of AHRMA rules,what does the rules say about 76, with piggyback shocks? Please don't go through any trouble if you don't happen to know the answer,I need to get off my lazy butt and get a AHRMA rule book myself.Thanks

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

imported_n/a

Mike,

Great job!  Thanks for taking the time to get the numbers.

As as suggestion, this should be posted somewhere on the site for easy reference.

Glenn

Mike Lenz

The 76 enduro frame was the same as the 74. I believe you can run the Marz shocks on your bike in sportsman class but you need 74 or at least 75 in line forks to run that class.

tmc3c

Thank You,Mike,for your info ! I have leading axle marzocchi forks. I guess I need to go to plan "B" .... now if only I had a plan "B".

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Rocket

Thomas
I have a 76 frame with the 210 straight leg Ceriani forks.  The frame is the one that has the beefed up steering neck.  I would probably part with it for the right amount.  Personally I never liked the leading axle Marzocchi's because they wouldn't turn in tight woods.  That is just my opinion and not said to upset anybody who really liked them.
Rocket

tmc3c

Rocket, I have a 76 frame and I have had it powdered coated & bearing's replaced, so could I just find another set of forks? I have had these marzocchi forks rebuilt also. Would they work good on the Track?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Mike Lenz

Just a note on the measurements. I used a penton chart to figure these numbers. If the chart was right they are right, if not then they are not. I am going to do some actual measuring this winter. If I find out any of these were not right I will post it here.

tmc3c

Thank You,Mike,for your info ! I have leading axle marzocchi forks. I guess I need to go to plan "B" .... now if only I had a plan "B".

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Rocket

Thomas
I have a 76 frame with the 210 straight leg Ceriani forks.  The frame is the one that has the beefed up steering neck.  I would probably part with it for the right amount.  Personally I never liked the leading axle Marzocchi's because they wouldn't turn in tight woods.  That is just my opinion and not said to upset anybody who really liked them.
Rocket

tmc3c

Rocket, I have a 76 frame and I have had it powdered coated & bearing's replaced, so could I just find another set of forks? I have had these marzocchi forks rebuilt also. Would they work good on the Track?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Mike Lenz

Just a note on the measurements. I used a penton chart to figure these numbers. If the chart was right they are right, if not then they are not. I am going to do some actual measuring this winter. If I find out any of these were not right I will post it here.