What's the word on the National in Texas

Started by LynnCamp, September 29, 2003, 09:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynnCamp

What's the news on how Dwight R. (and any other POGers??) did at the National in Texas this weekend.  I meant to wish him luck (I think Dwight had something riding on this weekend's results???) and I forgot with all of the ISDTRR brouhaha.

firstturn

Lynn - All results aren't posted yet.  I had to leave before the presentation so you can go to thr-cycle.org or to the AMA site. If I get the results e-mailed to me I will make sure you get a copy.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

LynnCamp

Thanks Ron,
I had been up on the AMA site looking for information on the Texas National, but couldn't find any information.  Then I searched a service I use in my business to access the world's news and wire releases and I couldn't find a peep so I posted this inquiry.

After following your tip to the trh-cycle.org site -- I now get that this was a modern event -- not the vintage race I was searching for.... I hate it when I show my ignorance!!!

BTW - it took me a little while to find it cuz you wrote "thr-cycle.org" instead of "trh-cycle.org" -- You need to be careful not to stress my vintage brain

Mark Annan

Dwight has to change his signiture line to read 8 time national class champion.

Way to go Dwight.

(BTW he rides a "Penton" 525.

Mark

firstturn

What can I say I have to park in those designated parking spaces.  Sorry about the typo and the related stress.  You know it was too much of that "blendzall fumes".

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

I use to live a town over from the man that invented Blendzall, Ray Hook, I've met him before. What a beautiful odor!

LynnCamp

What a riot that you all are talking about the smell of Blendzall.  

Last week I spoke with Helmut Clasen and told him that the smell of two-stroke exhaust absolutely gets my adrenaline running.  He went on about this Castrol oil thing.  Again..... I was trying not to show my ignorance – especially with the legend/guru "Speedy" --  but I had never related the adrenaline rush to the smell of a particular brand of oil.  The conversation was fascinating!!!

Cracks me up that there are actually other people around that love that smell.  In fact, I am thinking of adding to my post signature....

CAUTION: two-stroke exhaust is addicting -- withdrawal can be life-threatening.

tomale

Lynn, Like so many others I love the smell of blenzall. There is nothing like it. Everytime I smell it, it takes me back 25 plus years. My young brother use to race short track at the local fairgrounds. It was held in one of the larger exhibition halls. We pitted out side and race inside. There was bultaco's and Ossa's everywhere. I think everyone of them burned blenzall. The smoke would get so thick that you could not see across the hall. It made watching the races alittle interesting. I have had a blood test since then and to my knowledge they did not find anything like blenzall in my blood but then the test may not be able to detect such things. With all that exposure there must be castor in my veins.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Dwight Rudder

I finished 4th in a huge class. Not my best ride but I am due knee surgery when I return from the ISDTR.  I did what I had to and won the class for the year. I am the 2003 Sr.A class champ. A friend of mine, also from the Jackson, MS area , John Wade, a 450EXC rider won the S/Sr.A and took his class for year also.
Cher'o,

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

tmc3c

Blenzall Silver, ooh that smell !!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

firstturn

Great Job Dwight and it was great to see you.  I actually think you are getting faster.  You Friend Ron C

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dwight Rudder

You better watch out Ron, I might have to drag the big wheel,XR75 out of mothballs.
HEHEHE

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

firstturn

Thats OK Dwight you know I'm not to far from the Old Riders Home when someone gives a Honda Gyro to get around in the pits.  Thats OK I already have the big bore kit on the way from Japan(They are used for Pizza Delivery over there - no one likes a cold pizza).  Thanks Dwight and say hi to your wife.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh