Penton Wanted

Started by Keithuu, November 03, 2003, 09:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keithuu

I'm looking for a decent Penton, year, displacement, model flexible. I'm not a collector, just an enthusiast. I would prefer a "rider" - no basket cases, whipped doggies, or trailer queens, please.

I'm located in Michigan, but geographic problems can be overcome for the right bike.

[:p]

Keithuu
Keithuu

firstturn

Keithuu,
  I would say the first place would be to look on e-bay and/or watch this site.  An example was a 125 (1972) for sale on eBay (just ended) from Missouri(that spelling better be correct or I will get a call from Larry Perkins).  This bike was built and restored for racing which to me is the best for dependability.  These bikes are in the 30+ years in average age. The reason I bring up age, is if you get a nice bike to start with it will be enjoyable to ride and to own.  I generally average running across one Penton a month that I pass on and will be happy to forward the information on to you.  My e-mail address is   [email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

jhardin

Keithuu; give me a call  309 647 4579 if not home leave me a number where i can reach you. I have a nice 1970 125 six day i am thinking about selling.

john hardin
john hardin

penton117

Hi,
I have a 1972 Penton 125cc Six Day that I could sell. It is the 5th Penton I have built. I built this one last year for myself to race and it has been very dependable and competitive in AHRMA vintage motocross races. I have recently bought a 250cc Penton so I could sell this one. It is not a vintage show bike nor some beater I pulled out of a barn. This is a purpose-built race bike that only needs a rider. I built the chassis from the ground up, using all new seals, bearings etc. New Progressive shocks, new seals and bushings in the original 32mm Ceriani forks, new Falk plastic front and NOS plastic rear fenders. It has a new, functioning, handlebar-mounted Magura choke lever, original Magura throttle, Teflon-lined blue-colored cables, Dunlop tires, rear wheel relaced w/ heavy duty stainless steel spokes. The motor was built using new gear clusters, new selector key, new clutch plates and springs, new transmission bearings and seals, new crank seals and M3 bearings, new rod w/ new big end bearing. It also has an NOS Webco case protector. This motor has one race on a new bore (54.93mm) and NOS piston. It is using the original Motoplat ignition and 27mm Bing carburetor This bike shifts great, stops great and is very fast.
Let me know if you are interested. I am in Southern California[8D] but can crate and ship anywhere.:)

DKWRACER

You can also consider the items from Larry Perkins to be true to form, he has a beautifull 1976 MC5 125cc with spares, I know a little history of this bike too.....Good Luck !!!!!
Thomas Brosius