gas tank

Started by buckyduke, November 23, 2003, 05:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckyduke

I am looking to buy an enduro gas tank for a 74 Jackpiner... can anyone point me in the right direction?

firstturn

Have you tried the suppliers list yet?  Next I would try eBay.  I am buying some tanks in a few weeks and there may be a blue enduro tank in the group.  If you don't find one in the other places e-mail me and I will let you know if these tanks are of any quality.
[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dr.2Stroke

i have a good used one on stock,150$ plus shipping. must be repainted,but that will be anyway be done i guess.if interested,i could mail a picture. Dr.2Stroke ,[email protected]

Dwight Rudder

I have a EXTREMELY nice MX Jackpiner tank that I would be willing to swap to someone with a VERY NICE Enduro slab sided tank for the 1972-73 models.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Dennis Jones

Dwight,

I have one I would trade. The gelcoat is good, no leaks or cracks, decals would need to be replaced. I would just have to send it to you to see if it is very nice to you.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

rd400pi

Can someone back me up on this?  I think the "slab" style enduro tank changed to the "watermelon" enduro tank in 74.  Is this correct?  IE: the same style tank as on the red 74 250's.  Anybody?  I'm not ashamed. [:I]

Mike Husted (rd400pi)
  72/74 Six Day
  76 MC5 250

imported_n/a

Buckyduke,

I have a "watermelon" enduro tank I picked up on E-bay a while back.  It is blue Jackpiner color, but it is a repaint from a red one (didn't know when I bought it).  I have a couple of jpegs from the E-bay listing if you're interested.

Send me an e-mail.

Glenn

buckyduke

How interchangeable are other gas tanks?  For instance I might be able to get a tank from a 250 from a relative... would that work for a 74 Jackpiner 175 enduro?  what about from other bikes?

Thanks, Eric

Rocket

As far as I know, all the gastanks interchange on the hi-breather frames from 73 through 76.  That includes the MX style and the Enduro toaster tank and watermelon tank.
Rocket

Dwight Rudder

Quotequote:Originally posted by rd400pi

Can someone back me up on this?  I think the "slab" style enduro tank changed to the "watermelon" enduro tank in 74.  Is this correct?  IE: the same style tank as on the red 74 250's.  Anybody?  I'm not ashamed. [:I]

Mike Husted (rd400pi)
  72/74 Six Day
  76 MC5 250

Yes, Mike, They did go to the watermelon style in 1974. Although I have seen a few early 1974 models that still used the slab sided tanks. My 1974 Six Day 125 had the watermelon tank. I personally think the slab sided tanks were the most attractive.
Cher'o,
Dwight
;)

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

firstturn

Dwight I need your e-mail address.
Thanks,
[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh