Mike Lenz

Started by firstturn, October 28, 2003, 09:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

After reading Paul Danik's History in our last Still Keeping Track I started thinking of who or what would make a interesting subject for the future.  After some thought I remember that I always see a name popping up with valuable information on the Forum and someone who got a lot of press in the 1970's and 80's.  Just as a request I would like to ask Mike Lenz if he would consider telling his story on his start and involvement with Penton motorcycles.  I also think it is great to hear who helped him get started.  Mike if I put you on the spot and you don't want to do this I understand, it is just a thought and a request from someone who respects you accomplishments.

Respectfully,

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mike Lenz

Ron Im flattered. Al did ask me for some background information back when he was starting up the newsletter,which I sent. I think Hes got quite a pile of stuff from different people to do stories on at some point. He should have plenty of stuff to keep those stories comming.
I would like to see some stories on Penton dealers from back then, like Bucks Cycle and the Walsworths from Valpo IN. And why not some shorter stuff on POG members,every one of them,one an issue?
Thanks Again

firstturn

Mike - Thanks for the response, like I said I didn't want to put you on the spot.  You rode against the best and had some great finishes.  You are very respected racer and if you need any copies of any of the old articles let me know.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mike Lenz

Ron, If you get a chance email me with what you meant by old articals. My mom and dad kept some stuff from back then but Id like to here what you have.
Thanks
Mike
[email protected]