CMF Air box covers

Started by metalkfab, November 03, 2003, 05:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalkfab

I know we already have fiberglass repop's of the air box covers.I've located a stamper with a interest in repopping out of alum.Is there a demand ? If so,I will attack this item.Please advise. We are thinking for all you Penton Bikers with the "Post Vintage" lay down frames to offer a repop with a formed section to the oval number plate to provide clearance for your left shock.

imported_n/a

Karl,

A metal repop cover for the fiberglass airbox I would have interest in.

Glenn

Randy Kirkbride

firstturn

Karl,
  I have a NOS left hand cover(red) that has the number plate bowing out to cover the shock.  If you  need to use it as a pattern let me know.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

crash carden

Hello Karl, I say go for it, the metal side panels are hard to find and costly. I know my brother needs two airbox covers for his 74 Jackpiners. I am sure he would be interested in some nice alloy reproductions.I have purchased 4 or 5 different items that you have reproduced from Al B. and the quality is high and the price is nice.Thanks for your great reproduction parts, and keep up the good work! Crash Carden Go Team Penton!

Kip Kern

Karl,  If you did the covers for the 72-75, left side, I would take 8-10 each!   Thanks

idiotboy

If they fit the 75,I could use two.

Dr.2Stroke

i have some aluminium ones from 74 with cracks in it which could be used as a pattern. but they have the form from 72 to 74,and up from 75 it there came a little bit another form,but only in plastic version,not aluminium.
 i know a guy which reproduces sidepanels in polystyrole,which is more pliable than fiberglass and also paintable.will cost about 50$ if taken 10 or more.