Street-legal Six Days?

Started by Russ B, November 04, 2003, 11:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ B

I've got a 72 or 73 Six-Days that has been in the family since it was a couple of years old. Has anyone ever tried to register a Penton for the street in TX? Many moons ago I saw one at an auction or going out of business sale at the old "Penton Central" in Amarillo, TX. It had head and taillights, a speedometer, and brakelight switches. It also had tags and an inspection sticker on it, so I know it was possible to register for the street at one time. Is there a source for the parts for my Sixer to make it legal? Thanks,
Russ B

firstturn

Russ it is possible, but you have to jump around the law which is natural for us Texans.  We need to visit by phone and e-mail and I will help you with what I can.
Cell 832.722.0408
e-mail  [email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rocket

Remember, everything is legal, until you're caught, especially in Texas!!
Rocket

Russ B

Thanks Ron,
Are you planning on attending the AHRMA regional in Sherman this Sunday? If you're there, look me up! I've worked at the trak for a couple of years, and will be "event coordinator" for the race this weekend.
RB

firstturn

Russ,
I will be out of the state til next week.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

peter kane

I had a '74 Six-Day (rocket) registered in MA.  The necessary equipment to do it probably cost me a total of 15-20 bucks.  I bought a just barely street legal tail light w/license plate light for about 10 bucks.  It was actually quite slick, just about 2.75 - 3" in length and about .75 deep w/two post lamp for brakes.  The brake switch I scabbed off of something or other and wired it all into the magneto.  If your Six-Day has the headlamp you're all set.  The wiring ir really, really basic. Peter

Quotequote:Originally posted by Russ B

I've got a 72 or 73 Six-Days that has been in the family since it was a couple of years old. Has anyone ever tried to register a Penton for the street in TX? Many moons ago I saw one at an auction or going out of business sale at the old "Penton Central" in Amarillo, TX. It had head and taillights, a speedometer, and brakelight switches. It also had tags and an inspection sticker on it, so I know it was possible to register for the street at one time. Is there a source for the parts for my Sixer to make it legal? Thanks,
Russ B

peter f. kane
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]