Tank Straps

Started by Rocket, November 28, 2003, 09:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket

Looking for the rubber band tank straps and the aluminum piece that goes around the filler neck.  Anybody have them?
email: [email protected]
thanks
Rocket

Randy Kirkbride

Hi Rod,
I have an extra alum collar if you need it. No extra straps, though.

Rocket

Randy
That is a start.  Let me know what you want for it and I'll send some money your way.
Rod

Kip Kern

Rod

At one time, I was going to query Terry Cable to make those cables but never got around to it (too much going on).  Perhaps you can contact them and ship a tank cable and maybe they can reproduce them?  They have made some nice custom cables for me using original hardware and placing new jackets on them,  Very reasonable too!;)

firstturn

I could use two sets.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

herman

I would take a set of straps if you have them made or if you find someone who has them i would like a set too. Thanks Herm
Herm

rdrnr

Is it like the ones on ebay #2445853096 ends in nine days and is at $10.50.  James

Kip Kern

Honda used a spring like the ones used on the 74/75 tank straps.  I think it was an exhaust spring of some sort.

Rocket

Kip
I have bid on the one's on Ebay and if I win the bid, I'll talk to Terry cable about making some.
thanks
Rod

Kip Kern

metalkfab

I've talked with Al B. about the cable straps.He told me that Terrycable wouldn't build them for him.If anybody comes up with a source or a repop,I'd take (4)sets,(I like them better than the leather strap).I'd be willing to repop the filler neck washer as I already have a couple of originals for samples.

Dr.2Stroke

Do you have a spare number? i might have 8 NOS ones...  [email protected]

Kip Kern

Rod  "Moose" products carries the springs for the cables.  They are Stainless and come in various lengths.

Rocket

Dr. 2stroke
The parts numbers for the tank straps are:
51.07.020.000   Gastank retaining cable
51.07.021.000   Spring
51.07.022.000   Gastank cable boot
The 3 parts make one cable strap.
If you have these, what do you want for a pair and what are the shipping cost to Illinois, USA?
thanks
Rocket