old seat covers wanted

Started by rdrnr, November 15, 2003, 12:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdrnr

Hello everyone,  I am looking for old seat covers to reproduce that Al does not have.  I run a upholstery shop and want to make covers with stenciling on them.  I have a 74 mint with a 79 seat,  feels great, but nobody has a cover, so now I will.  So if anyone needs a cover made and can't find them let me make it and I will have them on hand for anyone else who needs that style.  James from MO.

RICHARD MORGAN

I would be interested in a seat cover for a Steel Tanker, and a Wassell Trials bike.

KTM495CH

KTM 495/81
KTM 495/82, Works bike from Kes Van der Ven
KTM 495/84
KTM 500/85

Dennis Jones

Hi James

A Wassell trials seat cover should be a good seller, I could use a few of them. I have an old one for pattern. Do you have a 79 cover ready to go, I could use one of those also? Dennis also from MO

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Kip Kern

Dennis  Recently (within the last year), I purchased a NOS Wassell seat from Matt at Speed and Sport.  He may have others!  Prices were cheaper than getting one covered[:0]

rdrnr

I can make them and stencile them for $45.00.  I can have a 79 seat within a week or two because of printing.  They have the KTM with the T bigger than the KM.  I am not sure what the wassell seats look like.  If I could see one I could let you know how much to make one.
  My email is [email protected]   ..  James from MO

Dennis Jones

Kip, Matt's source is out of the Wassell seats, thanks anyway.

James, the wasselll seat is small and fairly simple. It uses piping and a tuck and roll type fabric. I will try to send you  picture ( may take a couple of days ). I will also try to send a picture of what I think is a 79 seat, if it's the same as your I will take one. What part of MO are you in? I'm in Cape Girardeau, Thanks

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

rdrnr

Dennis, I am down in West Plains.  If your seat is not a 79, I just need the cover and I can make one up.  James

rd400pi

James,
  I checked with Al B. the other day and he said 76 MC5 seat covers are not available.  I don't know if the 77 was the same but I suspect it might be.  Do we need to send you an old cover or do you need the whole seat?  Please let me know if you can.  Thanks.

Mike Husted (rd400pi)

Dennis Jones

Hey James,

Sent you some pictures, let me know if they did not come thru.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

rdrnr

Mike, if the seat cover is good enough to use as a pattern, then that is all I need.  

Dennis, no pictures or email came thru yet.
James.
Wk ph(417)256-6280 ask for James