new to pentons

Started by loosecannon39, November 25, 2003, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loosecannon39

hi folks, im a new to penton, mostly 4 stroke guy, who is about to aquire what i believe is a very late model(probably 77)  175cc, KTM, penton.  i will be using it for  mostly trail riding, and no competition at all, (too old and fat). can anyone tell me if the 175 can be upgraded in size relatively easily?   I understand KTM made a 250, and a 400  as well for penton. weighing in at 350,  ill need all the help i can get.  alternately, where might i locate a head for a 175 with fins intact?  also could use some help with mods for low and mid range power and durability.    any comments, pro or con are appreciated'

thanks

Dan

Dan
Dan

tmc3c

Dan,How tight are the wood's that you will be riding? Here in South Carolina the wood's are tight and that 175 if brought back to new could carry you pretty quick!The part's you need could be a phone call away, check the supplier's page here in POG site!Glad To have you here!A lot of nice guy's here that will help you anyway they can!Oh yeah PENTON made a 100cc,125cc,175cc,250cc,400cc Have Fun!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Dave Withrow

Tom,
    Where are you located in S.C.?  I'm headed down your way on Monday to pick up a bike in Columbia.

tmc3c

Dave, I am in the upstate in Greer by Greenville.  are you going to see scooter dude?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Dave Withrow

No Tom,
    Just a guy a bought a project off of.  It will be a hi/bye type stop.  Listen for me to sound the car horn as I drive by (ha).

Rocket

Come on Dave, tell us what the project is, we're all dying to know.
Rocket

tmc3c

Dave, are you coming over the Mountians or by the coast,I-95,If so be careful out on the road.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler