Bing Type 84 Slide

Started by Jdbglover, November 16, 2003, 12:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdbglover

I have early Bing type 84 2/30/101 with slide problems, the typical smiley face has shown itself on the slide.  I have called the Bing Agency and they are out the slide that I need.  My slide has the ramp for the idle screw at the base of the slide side.  The newer slides have cutout on the side and then the ramp for the idle screw.  Bing must raised up the idle screw opening on the latter carb bodies.

Now does any one have a good slide new or used 30mm bing type 84 2/30/101 available or even a complete rebuildable carb.  

The bing agency also did not recommend using an epoxy on the slide, the epoxy could come loose and go into the engine.

Thank You

John

DKWRACER

John, if you can't find a slide, I am pretty sure I have a new 32mm Mikuni VM (spigot mount)......
Thomas Brosius

Jdbglover

Hello,

Since the last post I have been unsuccessful in finding either a slide or a good rebuildable bing carb.  I am thinking about using a flat slide carb, i.e. a Lectron, or other type.

And that brings me to my new question has anybody used either a    Mikuni TM or a Keihin PWK carb on a Penton.  

The riding is trail, no competition, just maybe the reunion ride.

Any ideas welcomed.

Thanks

John

DKWRACER

You might check with both Al B and John D , They have 175's with the Lectron carb.....
Thomas Brosius