Copy of the 1974 Penton Test

Started by herman, December 08, 2003, 06:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herman

I dont have the persons who e-mailed me about test of 74 penton on ebay i have about 6 or 8 magazine test now so if you well let me know who you were i will copy all the test and send them to you. Thanks Herm
Herm

rdrnr

Herm,

It was me, just sent you a email.

Thanks, James

vmx1963

I've posted a scan of the Jan 1974 CycleWorld Penton 250 test on my site if you're looking for it.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~allantud/

Mick Milakovic

James,
Thanks for the test report, I've got a harescrambler, too, and great job on the videos!  Just wondering, what kind of computer equipment and software are you running?  I am a high school teacher and we're gearing up to produce video announcements.  I don't know a lot about the art, but we want to do a good job.  Your's look great!

Mick

Mick

tlanders

James,

Are you making Penton videos? Would you bring them over next Saturday?  

Teddy

rdrnr

Guys, thanks for the compliment but I'm not the 'James' that did the videos you are talking about.  Obviously, there is a lot of interest in the videos so we need to find the person who is making them.  VMX1963, thanks for sharing the information with me; it will come in handy.  

James from MO

vmx1963

Mick, videos are done using Adobe Premiere and then encoded for broadband @ 768kbps (I also produce them as DVDs for really high quality imaging).

Premiere has a steep learning curve and is a bit pricey, but produces far better clips than anything else. The results aren't too bad for a broken-down old motocrosser like me :)

VMX1963
Western Australia
My KTM Shrine

Mick Milakovic

Thanks VMX,
The initial program we're looking at is Movie Maker 2, which is the updated version of what came on the package purchased by the school.  We're also upgrading the desktops with memory and speed.  Do you know how this program compares?

Mick

vmx1963

Given that Movie Maker is free you really can't beat it for use at school.  The new version (2) is supposed to be heaps better, 'though it's still in beta at present.  For any students that show a strong interest in pursuing video, I'd still steer them towards Premiere.

Set them a project to video the next Penton get-together ;)

VMX1963
Western Australia
My KTM Shrine