400 MC5 on ebay

Started by Auto5guy, December 04, 2003, 09:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auto5guy

Heads up.

It's listed as a 77 but I think it's a 78 because of the orange frame. Correct me if I am wrong.  
Anyways it has a buy it now price of $499 which is a bargain if you are in the market for one!!!

Check it out.

Edited to add that the bike is not mine nor am I in any way connected to the seller
Auction # 2446954578

Matthew

WARNING: The Surgeon General has determined that castor smoke can be hazardous to your health.  It is highly addictive and causes delusions of grandeur.

Rain Man

IT must be gone, I searched for an hour for it and couldnt find it  4:00am 12/5/2003 damm. Thanks for the heads up
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Rain Man

I found it and its been sold as of 8:00pm 12/4/03. Just to think, I use to give away parts to these things 25 years ago.
   Anybody up here in the East end of the country has a Penton or an early Katoom for sale Id be interested. E mail me [email protected]
 Ride Hard, Thanks  R
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Big Mac

Not sure anyone missed too much...seller said it "runs and starts fine" , needs misc like fender, etc. and, oh yea, "left sidecase is missing." Whaaa?...Left side case is missing?? And it starts and runs OK---with no oil??!!

He said "don't worry, the guy who brought it in didn't ride it like that." Yea, nothing to fret over. Still not a bad deal for $500-- as long as it didn't cost another $400 to ship it, only to find you need to sink $500 into whatever it was that motivated someone to take off and lose the whole left side of the engine.
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

vmx1963

Now my eyes aren't so good, but I think it says "It runs starts and stops just fine....It is missing the left side cover and the rear plascic fender is broken"  So I reckon he means the airbox side cover.

Still, KTMs are pretty tough and oil really does need conserving.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&mfcisapicommand=ViewItem&item=2446954578

VMX1963
Western Australia
My KTM Shrine

Big Mac

I HOPED it was something as simple as airbox cover... would have driven to CO to pick it up if that was all it was. Got an e-mail back from the guy--left ENGINE cover gone. He said the shift lever and kicker came with it, so maybe that's how he got it running and did some oil-less spins around the block.
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

vmx1963

Quotequote:Originally posted by Big Mac

He said the shift lever and kicker came with it, so maybe that's how he got it running and did some oil-less spins around the block.

Man, now that IS[/i] scary!  Must be the reason you only see the RHS in the photos ;)

VMX1963
Western Australia
My KTM Shrine