100cc Class MX

Started by imported_n/a, December 17, 2003, 08:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

I know there is a following in Missouri for 100cc class motocross, broken up into reed and non-reed.  I race the Midwest AHRMA region and am curious if anybody else than me is interested in trying to convince the region to run 100cc as a "support class" as permitted in the AHRMA rules.  The Berkshire, like the Jackpiner, are somewhat "orphans" when it comes to racing them.  I race a 125, but it is easily converted to a 100cc, and there's lots of 100cc parts around, and unusually cheap.  I remember not too long ago an NOS cylinder sold on E-bay for $50!  There are lots of pistons out there for cheap, too ($20-$25 each).  

Is anybody out there interested enough that we could talk to our Region about it?

Glenn

rob w

Hi Glenn, Season's Greetings.
100's?......Missouri is the place you need to be....so they loaded up the truck and moved to Moberley....swimming pools, movie stars, and 100 class rac'in.

Mick Milakovic

Rob, if I didn't know you I'd say you were a goober.  Wait a minute, I DO KNOW YOU!

Mick

pketchum

We (the Hodaka afflicted) would love to compete against the Penton's.  Teddy Landers has a Berkshire (currently in pieces) and Larry Perkins has one in race-ready condition and it looks terrific!  Hopefully they left out the extra neutrals in the 100cc models though.

Phil Ketchum
MOVMX Racer

Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

imported_n/a

Phil,

What kind of turnout do you get for the 100cc class?  I would love to set up a Penton for a race there, but I have trouble going that far (family ties, so to speak).  

Glenn

AndyL

Glenn,
Seeing as how Phast Phil has not made it back to the site to answer, I will jump in.

In MOVMX this year we broke the class up into Novice (me) and everyone else (Intermediate).  We had 8 in the Intermediate class and 6 in the Novice class.  

As I recall we had at least three from each class at each event so we usually got grouped together all in one race.  Lots of fun!

In the last two races of the season, three of us stayed in a pack so tite, you could have covered us all with a small blanket.  Back and forth, changing lines on each turn to try and set up a pass, from start to finish.

AndyL
2003 MOVMX 100cc Novice Champion

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

imported_n/a

Andy, I would love to join the fray.  The last time I raced a 100cc was in July of 1972.  Could you tell me URLs I could visit to get more info as to locations and scheduling?  From Chicago to Missouri, race, and be home for dinner in one day would be quite a job!

Glenn

rob w

That depends on what time dinner is at.:D

AndyL

Glenn,
That will be a tough day for sure.  Some of the races over by St Louis would be the best bet for a shorter drive.

Check out //www.MOVMX.com for the pics, schedule etc.  You can also take a look at the Yahoo group VintageMX as it is the MOVMX message board.

AndyL

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

imported_n/a

Thanks, guys.

Bob, dinner's at 5:30!

Glenn

jj

The great people at Patomac Vintage Riders (the club who saved the York Swap Meet) will be offering a 100cc support class this year. Here is the tentative 2004 schedule: http://www.alp-sys.com/pvr/news/index.html

I checked out a couple of their North Carolina events last year and found a serious lack of Penton entries, zero to be exact. I will make it my 2004 New Year's resolution to remedy that situation.

John J Slivka
John J Slivka