New PENTONS

Started by terry, December 28, 2003, 05:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terry

Would anyone buy a new PENTON if by a miracle they would come back? If so, what would you like to see first? 125 2 stroke. 250 4 stroke. 250 2 stroke. 450 4 stroke. Motorcross or Enduro. What colors and names? Thanks.

Rocket

Terry
I would buy a 200 2stroke, enduro model, orange, [:0],I've got one, but they labeled it a KTM!!:D:D
Rocket

hrbay

good choice...excellent bike.;) Could be called a Pentumpkin 200/ Jackpine-o-lantern.[:0]

GC
GC

Rain Man

I got an idea,  we can change the graphics on our Katooms to read Penton,who would notice as we fly by our competitors anyway!![8D]
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

tomale

Hmmmm, I like what I got, My 76 is a fun bike to ride. but if I was to buy a new Penton.... then I think that it would be a 250 fourstroke. I rode a 97 360cc (KTM) and liked it but it is more power than I needed. Two strokes are on the way out. Did you hear about the manditory change that will force all the race teams to run unleaded gas. According to an article that I just read. It will reduce the power of a 125 twostroke by 7-10%.... that is significant. It also will effect the powerpand too. The reduction of power is not the same for fourstrokes.
I rode a 2004 YZF250 and like it. It was plenty fast enough and had a really nice powerband. I did not like the brakes though. It was new and it was not my bike and I had no time to mess with it, so I do not know if something could be done to make them more progressive instead of all or nothing. Everytime I used the brakes it either stalled or threw me on the ground. I have never had a bike with disc brakes... The other thing I did not like about the YZF was the pumper carb. It seem to flood really easy.
So if I was to buy a new Penton it would be a 250 thumper. I think that I would like it to be set up for the woods. I think that it would be fun to ride a thumper in the woods. Smooth power and alot more quiet than my bike. As for color I think that it should be Emerald green. As for Name? How about Mudslinger GS But that might have political implications that may not be all that positive.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

CWilson

I would buy two Pentons as long as they were like the bike pictured on the POG web page.  They would have to have enduro lighting installed.  Both would be insured and licensed with one being used for an infrequent foray into town and the other to be placed prominently in the living room.  As for a name... Berkshire was a good name then and would be a good one now.  As for rule changes pertaining to unleaded fuel I doubt we'll mothball our old Pentons, they're too much fun.

Craig Wilson
Craig Wilson

Kip Kern

Put me down for a 250 4 Stroke also!

hrbay

Wait on the 250 rfs till 05', they are going to have major improvements...I hear.

GC
GC

ksithumper

Love the topic!

Put me down for one with the weight and grip of my 300 GasGas and the power of my 520KTM.

And if you can supply one, I don't care what it's called!

Dwight Rudder

I want a big 500cc+ 4 stroke , Torque motor , long stroke engine. Sky Blue or Forest Green.  Call it the " ALLIGATOR 500 " Cause it would eat everything in its path !
HEHEHE,
Dream'n
Dwight

PS: I have a "PENTON" 525 EXC . Confuses everyone at the Nat'l's. Email me if you want to see photos.  Confused the Hell out of John when I showed the photo . He was looking confused at the picture, then someone at the INDY bike show looked over our shoulders and said "HELL YEAH, Screw KTM !" John looked even more confused and then I said "John, It's a KTM". BOY,was he was relieved because he couldn't remember making one like that. He thought he was losing it.

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

twinshox

well i'd like a big 4stroke, too... like the big husabergs probably 500ccm...

another big one for sure is the "maico" 500 made in 1999/2000 (75 horsepowers, 2stroke, 110 Kilo weight) :D

color ?! ain't black beautiful ? (like the highland v2 offroad bikes)

cu all

so far

Thorsten

1979 Gs80 350ccm
\\"4SALE\\"... KTM 350 + 125 and lots of parts

tmc3c

I have a NEW 250gs hidden in a 76 frame

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler