Selector keys

Started by CWilson, December 30, 2003, 12:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CWilson

I recently purchased a Clymer manual for Sachs engines off of Ebay.  Much to my surprise a selector key was taped inside!  Are all Sachs selector keys the same dimensionally?  If not, is there a way that I can determine if the key is correct for my D-engined Penton?  I did try to search the POG Forums in an attempt to answer my own questions but failed.  Thanks.

Craig Wilson
Craig Wilson

Dwight Rudder

Opps, I forgot and left that in there.
If you could please return the key to :
Dwight Rudder
O U LUKEY Dg
Jackson Ms OICU812

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Kip Kern

Craig

There are two sizes of the keys for the Sachs selector rods.  The early 5 speed used a 8mm thread hole size and the later 5 speed/6speed used a 10mm thread size.  If you decide to install it, be sure to install a new selector rod and detent cups with it.  Also, install with bevel side towards shifter boss and red locktite it.,  Congrats on the find, NOS keys are still at a premium$$$$$

CWilson

Thanks for the information Kip.  According to my measurements the selector key is indeed the correct one for my Sachs D engine.

Craig Wilson
Craig Wilson

Kip Kern

Craig

Last night I came upon my stash of NOS selector keys and checked the hole sizes on each.  The small key is more like a 7mm and the large key is more like a 9mm, sorry for the incorrect info. The NOS keys are like "jewels" as the repops are soft and haven't been lasting.  Karl is in the process of correcting the "key" concern.;)