250cc 40 over rings needed for a weisco piston

Started by ktmkirk, January 16, 2004, 10:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktmkirk

I am looking for a set of rings for a 40 over 250cc weisco piston for a Penton 250, I've tried all the local suppliers and this is a last resort before having to purchase a complete piston and ring kit.  Anybody have any rings?

Kirk

Dr.2Stroke

im sorry, i have too many knowledge in inches. how much oversize is 0.40 in mm? i might have two rings left from a wiseco piston! regards Dr.2Stroke

Rocket

Dr. 2stroke
40 over piston would be 0.040 over standard, and .040 is equal to one mm.  Hopefull this helps you out.
Rocket

ktmkirk

Quotequote:Originally posted by Rocket

Dr. 2stroke
40 over piston would be 0.040 over standard, and .040 is equal to one mm.  Hopefull this helps you out.
Rocket

Thanks Rocket for the help, Hopefully Dr.2stroke has what I am looking for....Kirk

Dr.2Stroke

i checked the stock,maybe a NOS KTM rings or two of them might fit! ill check this out,because i have a old wiseco piston on stock

ktmkirk

The Piston I have has a Weisco ring on the top and a Penton Ring on the bottom and the Penton ring does not fit right on the Weisco Piston, I really apreciate you taking the time to check this out...Kirk

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dr.2Stroke

i checked the stock,maybe a NOS KTM rings or two of them might fit! ill check this out,because i have a old wiseco piston on stock

Dr.2Stroke

i checked it again,and i found out,that the KTM /penton L ring(the upper one) fits perfectly! the lower ring can be ordered at wiseco, i think.upper L ring is 35$,if interested. regards Reinhard

ktmkirk

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dr.2Stroke

i checked it again,and i found out,that the KTM /penton L ring(the upper one) fits perfectly! the lower ring can be ordered at wiseco, i think.upper L ring is 35$,if interested. regards Reinhard

I checked with Weisco and they do not make it anymore, anyone else have a suggestion...Kirk

Mike Lenz

Maybe someone out there has a used bottom Weisco ring. With a new top that should work?

firstturn

KTMKIRK,
Please e-mail me directly and tell exact measurements of what you have and what you need and I will try to get an old racer to let me look through his "STUFF" and see what he has.  As Mike Lenz said even a used one on the following ring should work fine.

[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

ktmkirk

Thanks  firsturn I'll get the measurements emailed to you....Kirk

Quotequote:Originally posted by firstturn

KTMKIRK,
Please e-mail me directly and tell exact measurements of what you have and what you need and I will try to get an old racer to let me look through his "STUFF" and see what he has.  As Mike Lenz said even a used one on the following ring should work fine.

[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh