Penton Jackpiner on Evilbay

Started by Tommy_V, January 10, 2004, 10:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy_V

Hi Guys,

I'm still looking for the perfect vinduro mount to run ARHMA CC on. Saw this Penton on evilbay #2453108815 and was thinking of bidding. Question is I heard that you can find plenty of standard bore pistons for the 175, but all the overbores are next to impossible to find and no one is making them anymore? Are these pretty good Vinduro's? You guys are the experts, I'm in the learing mode.

Tom
Tommy

Randy Kirkbride

Tom,
Jackpiners are great bikes, but you are correct about the availability of oversized pistons.  However Al B. has an exchange policy where you can exchange your cyl for one that has been sleeved to a standard bore with new standard piston.

Tommy_V

Ok, I think Dennis had told me that, but what kind of price for that?  It can't be as cheap as just a bore and piston can it?

Tom
Tommy

Rocket

Tommy
I just looked in Buehner's flyer and it would be around $400 with your old cylindar.  The main bearings are also bad on the JP and probably the rod bearing too.
Rocket

Randy Kirkbride

Tom,
Jackpiners are great bikes, but you are correct about the availability of oversized pistons.  However Al B. has an exchange policy where you can exchange your cyl for one that has been sleeved to a standard bore with new standard piston.

Tommy_V

Ok, I think Dennis had told me that, but what kind of price for that?  It can't be as cheap as just a bore and piston can it?

Tom
Tommy

Rocket

Tommy
I just looked in Buehner's flyer and it would be around $400 with your old cylindar.  The main bearings are also bad on the JP and probably the rod bearing too.
Rocket