Beautiful Original 74 400 MINT, EBAY

Started by Kip Kern, January 12, 2004, 09:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

Wow, can't wait to see the $$$$ outcome on that bike.  You don't find them like that anymore!

vmx1963

Kip, what's the item number?

VMX1963
Western Australia
VMX KTM

vmx1963

Oh...oh...found another in Italy.  77 six days 250 beeeautifull.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6711&item=2454052741

# 2454052741

VMX1963
Western Australia
VMX KTM

Dennis Jones

The frame on the 74 looks to be painted black, did any ever come that way?

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Rocket

I thought the frame looks black also.  I have never seen any frames other than silver in the Penton lineup.  Tank and everything else looks really good.  You have to be careful of pictures, they don't tell the real story all of the time.
Rocket

Mick Milakovic

I agree about the paint:  it does look black.  I would hate to purchase what I thought to be a perfect original bike only to find out the frame was painted!  Maybe the bidders have already asked that question of the seller.

Mick

twinshox

yeah my opinion...

frames have to have to original color..(ktm orange)... [:X]

i'm rebuilding mine,too.... trying to get the best ammount if i sell it this year...

Always keep it in good shape, ride carefully and keep it original :D

Thorsten

1979 Gs80 350ccm
\\"4SALE\\"... KTM 350 + 125 and lots of parts

rdrnr

Maybe it's me, but it is strange that a PENTON dealer would tell a guy that it was a 250,  when it has a white tank of the mint,it even has the right angle pipe of the 400.  
    I emailed on the 13 for the frame and engine numbers,  he said, at work now will email tonight.  Still waiting,  emailed last night for reminder,  still nothing.  And why does the frame look black?
   James from MO