Wanted: CEV tallight lens screws

Started by slvrbrdfxr, January 23, 2004, 07:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,
I'm in need of a couple 3mm X 35-40mm long screws to attach the taillight lens to my CEV unit. Anyone out there in Pentonland have some to spare ?? I've looked at all my local hardware stores and can't find anything long enough. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks !!
Dave McCullough
72 100 Berkshire
72 Wassell Trials

Rocket

Dave
Have you tried a company called "Fastenal"?  They specilize in fasteners.  They have a web site, just search under Fastenal.  Maybe that will help you.
Rocket

firstturn

Dave,
Have you tried seeing if your local Honda dealer has one that will fit?  I used some taillight screws from Honda years ago for a CEV.  Hope this helps.  How is the restoration coming on the 100.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Dave,
Just saw your reponse on the 100.  Sounds nice!

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

slvrbrdfxr

Ron,
I've tried looking for the screws at all the local bike shops here in town with no luck. I'll look into Fastenal as suggested by "Rocket". Maybe they can help. The resto on the Berkshire is coming along real good. I was hoping to be done by now but got bogged down lately working on a 2002 KDX 200 that I just couldn't pass up. Needed something a little more modern to ride and save the wear and tear on the vintage stuff. I'll send you a pic of the Berk when completed if you like. Thanks for the help and talk to you later.
Dave McCullough

firstturn

Dave,
If you can't find them I will look at a friend salvage yard.  But you have to make me go, you know I don't like to go to savage yards or swap meets.  Keep me updated on the Berkshire.
e-mail - [email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Kip Kern

Contact Dick or Johnathan at Domi Racer, they have a lot of CEV stuff, i.e. taillights switches, lenses, wiring, bulbs.  I'll bet they may be able to help you out.  Why I even saw 3 original Penton steel tank large green headlamps there in isle #97 area, complete with dust.  Also a good place to get the early Magura lever sets as seen on steel tankers.  Give em a call or get a catalog!;)

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,
Just a quick update on the search for the 3mm screws. I spent some time this morning calling places in the phone book and it paid off. I was able to buy some at an Ace hardware store in Claremore, OK. This place had the best assortment of metric hardware that I've ever seen. They had screws as long as 3mm X 50mm. If anybody else needs some I'll be glad to get them for you. Thanks for all the help !!
Dave McCullough

Randy Kirkbride

Hi Dave,
I'm in need of 2 screws for the CEV.  I checked a couple places today with no luck.  I went to the local Fastenal dealer only to discover that they had went out of business.  If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

slvrbrdfxr

Hi Randy,
Send me an email and let me know what size and length screws you need and I'll be glad to get you some.
Dave McCullough
[email protected]