Penton Day At AMA

Started by Admin, January 27, 2004, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

If you are interested in attending the 3rd Annual Penton Day at AMA, February 7, 2004, click below for more details.

http://www.pentonusa.org/misc/pentonday04/pentonday.asp

Karen & I will be bringing our "web cam" and hope to see many smiling faces. :D

Bill & Karen

LynnCamp

Wow!! You all have put together a great line-up of events.  I am going to have to re-think making a trek to the holy grail of motorcycledum ..... where oh where is the Mars Man and his transporter?

Will the link to the webcam be available here?  Will the live audio be streamed as well as the video?

Paul Danik

Lynn,

The transporter is on lease to NASA to haul their pile of tin each  night in for repairs, you can sure tell Penton didn't build their
stuff ;)

The museum will open at 9am the day of the meeting for sign in and coffee, the first session starts at 10am.

Mars Man

Keithuu

If you're looking for some sort of "head count", my wife and I are planning on showing up, as long as they don't close I-75. :)

Keithuu
Keithuu

tomale

Wow,
Penton day sounds great..... Unfortunatly there is no way that I can make it. For one, the cost is way more that I can come up with. The plane fare and hotel etc. I sure would love to go and meet everyone I have enjoyed talking to in this forum.
The second thing is that I have race that day in the series that I am racing in. I have got to maintain that lead....
Last, will the "Web cam" video be available for viewing some time in the future? Really I would love to see some of it and the topics sound great. Esp the evolution of the Penton/KTM. For that matter hearing from the pioneers on the beginings sounds great tooo.
Wishing I was there,

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Paul Danik

Thom,
   We do hope to have the videos available in the future. We have also taped some other meetings, ect and as time goes by they will be more and more fun to watch, just like looking at our old riding pics, when we were young and skinny:D
    I am sure Alan will have a great write up in the newsletter and "webbie" Bill will probably shoot a slew of pics and post some on the site for all to see.
    Sorry you won't be at the meeting, but good luck with your race and let us know how you make out!!!

Paul

tomale

Paul,
I will do that. I have been watching the whether with intest. We have been having alot of rain the last few days. I was out doing some work at a friends place. He lives ten miles from the nearest town. Some of the small valleys between here and there are now lakes. some of the roads are closed too . In December it was real wet and the tracks was mostly under water. It was like racing in one large mud puddle. The name of the game is Patience and staying out of trouble. I passed a lot of guys that got impatient and tried to ride like it was dry ground. not a good Idea. I rode two classes +50 and the 250 Am class. I won all four moto's.... first time I ever did that. My MC5 worked like the champ that it is. By the way it is the only one out there. I use to race as an intermediate 25 years ago but until last spring I had not ridden at all. So I thought that I would start racing again I would start out slow and work my way up... One of the guys came up to me from the +50 class and suggested I ride a mini bike against him next time. Which is funny because I am 5'11' and 250 pounds.  can you imagine me on a mini bike? I weigh more than the bike I ride, as it is. Just goes to show you that having a good mount makes a big difference.
Keep the tank side up

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W