Wanted 125 6/day stock pipe

Started by wheel, November 29, 2003, 08:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheel

need stock pipe for a 72 125 6day have modified pipe can trade or buy
wheel at [email protected]

Rocket

Wheel
If your pipe has the back outer cone cut off, Al Buehner has repop's that can be welded on and make your old pipe look new.  He is listed under parts on this site.
Rocket

namgar

I am having a repro of the '73 pipe made by Circle F.  He is going to produce one pipe with a built in silencer and one pipe made exactly like the original '73 head pipe I gave him that had the silencer cut off so that you can add the parts from Al B.  I should be getting the first prototype in a few weeks to test fit.  I will post a note and some pics then to let anyone who is interested know how it worked out.

William R Gahrmann
William R Gahrmann

imported_n/a

William,

Hey, thanks for working on this and reporting to us.  Please let us know how the pipe fits and performs.  

Glenn

wheel

Thanks guy's today i ordered the parts from Al,
 plan to do the work myself, keep you updated,,wheel...........

wheel

got the parts from al .
everything went like a charm, cut the old silencer off, did a little
grinding to line up new piece for a good fit, had a friend weld it together, couple coats of paint looks new, about 3hrs,
thanks wheel...........................

Rain Man

there is a couple of 125 pipes on e bay under Penton right now for any one that may also be looking for  one
 Rain Man
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Mike Lenz

I missed the pipes on ebay but still need one for my 100 project.

Mike Lenz

William, Seen the Circle F pipe yet?
Thanks
Mike

namgar

I just got the pics of it yesterday.  It will be available soon both without the silencer installed so you can add the parts from Al B. or with the Circle F silencer installed (The bitchin' cool MX race version!).  A friend of mine is buying a prototype of the model without the silencer and is going to be the Guinea pig for test fitting the parts from Al B.  I expect we will have to go through some tweaking with the mounting brackets, or possible airbox clearance.  Hopefully it should fit fine since it was made from a original pipe in very good condition

He will be shipping it to me this week for test fitting.

The pics are available at:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wrgahrma/my_photos

in the folder "Penton Six Days"

I will add more pics when I get it mounted.  Please let me know what you think.  There are some obvious differences such as you lose the ridge and shaping from the original in the headpipe area.  I believe the volume is pretty close to the original, as are the cone dimensions so I expect the power charecteristics to be similar but I asked him to tune it towards a little more low end and mid.  Full testing will obviously have to wait until I get some wheels built.

William R Gahrmann
William R Gahrmann