Moto X - Lynn Camp

Started by firstturn, February 01, 2004, 09:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Lynn,
  Per our dicussion on MX and racing in general.  The subject I brought up on sponsors and used Pennzoil as a example.  Check out eBay item # 2457891602.  It looks like a '76 tank with contengency stickers, and probably by where it is being sold from was raced in the desert.  I wish that old tank could tell it's story.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rocket

Ron
I am almost embarassed to say this, but I still use Pennzoil in my KTM, chainsaw, weekwacker and any other 2-stroke around the house.  Unbelievable how clean it burns and long live I get out of the motors.
Rod

firstturn

Rocket,
  I think its great since I consider you one of the few people that really know KTM's both new and old.  The other side of the coin is I used to get Pennzoil for free and I would give it away because I knew what Stackable, Wise, Howerton and Priddy were using.  I think that Pennzoil owes you some $$$$ for your endorsement.
  The Fireworks are going crazy after the ball game here.  Oh well got to go see if I can find a store open to get some Pennzoil (sound that zzzz).  You know the old ad for same.
  I can't help but believe you gave away a trade secret.[:o)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Before someone from Pennsylvania puts a contract out on me My Parents are from Oil City,Pa the home of Pennzoil.   Now Paul you are going to get me on this deal.  But remember Jake still likes me.[B)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

LynnCamp

Ron - you are right... I can just imagine the stories that go along with that tank. I can understand why some some bikes are more fun to look at if they aren't re-painted.  The seller gives a wide range of years/models in the description.  Are you able to narrow it down any from the picture?  Hope your bid wins it.

firstturn

Lynn,
  Narrowing it down is no problem, but the main reason I buy things like this that are time period correct.  Sometimes I have a friend that wants time period correct over a restored bike.
  I believe we are already realizing the different categories on how people want their Pentons as I, and many of the contibutors of this site, have seen for years on the auto side.
  I hope you and others that attend the AMA meeting will take time to look at the museum and see the different conditions of the Motorcycles on hand.  As a judge of shows it can drive you nuts when someone enters their bike in the wrong category and doesn't win.  I have seen some real problems arise from people feelings being hurt.
  Let's just enjoy all those Pentons and give us a great report on the AMA meeting.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by firstturn

Lynn,
  Per our dicussion on MX and racing in general.  The subject I brought up on sponsors and used Pennzoil as a example.  Check out eBay item # 2457891602.  It looks like a '76 tank with contengency stickers, and probably by where it is being sold from was raced in the desert.  I wish that old tank could tell it's story.

Ron Carbaugh

I think you are all wrong.:DYou should try OPTIMOL Racing oil from Germany.Mixing 100-1.(every 2 stroker):D;)

Helmut Clasen
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com