namgar

Started by Mike Lenz, February 02, 2004, 10:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Lenz

William, Did you get and try the 125 pipe from Circle F yet? I am still needing one.
Thanks
Mike

namgar

I'm still waiting.  I talked to him last week and he said the jig was made and the prototype was under construction and he would send me some pics but I haven't heard anything since.  Doesn't look like I'll be racing my Penton at Gatorback, I'm still holding out for our first regional race in Kenly, NC in March.

William R Gahrmann
William R Gahrmann

namgar

I just got the pics of it yesterday. It will be available soon both without the silencer installed so you can add the parts from Al B. or with the Circle F silencer installed (The bitchin' cool MX race version!). A friend of mine is buying a prototype of the model without the silencer and is going to be the guinea pig for test fitting the parts from Al B. I expect we will have to go through some tweaking with the mounting brackets, or possible airbox clearance. Hopefully it should fit fine since it was made from a original pipe in very good condition

He will be shipping it to me this week for test fitting.

The pics are available at:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wrgahrma/my_photos

in the folder "Penton Six Days"

I will add more pics when I get it mounted. Please let me know what you think. There are some obvious differences such as you lose the ridge and shaping from the original in the headpipe area. I believe the volume is pretty close to the original, as are the cone dimensions so I expect the power charecteristics to be similar but I asked him to tune it towards a little more low end and mid. Full testing will obviously have to wait until I get some wheels built.

William R Gahrmann

William R Gahrmann
William R Gahrmann