VISDT trail ride

Started by Dwight Rudder, March 22, 2004, 11:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight Rudder

The VINDURO ISDT bike trail ride is now history. We had a great time riding Tiddler bikes (175cc max) up in the S. OK and NW. Ark. Mountains. Although a VINDURO invintational ride, the Following POG members were in attendance,
Doug Wilford
Rik Smits
Dwight Rudder
maybe more.
Doug started on a "PENCULES" GS175/6a and didn't make it 2 miles before the Motoplat took a crap. We called the Chase crew back,(Debbie Rudder and Dot Wilford) and swapped bikes , to the Kawasake KE100. I was riding a Hodaka Ace100B. I don't think I have ever seen a KE100 ridden as fast as I saw Dougie riding it. He said it was a lot like ridding a Cast Iron Barrel Penton. I don't think there was a Hill out there that stopped us. I saw Doug crossing some intimidating streams also. It was an "EPIC" ride. I was grins all weekend from the fellowship and riding the old small bores.  I don't think I have ever seen Doug smile as much either.  We had a BBQ supper Friday night. Watched old M/C movies and lots of bench racing and B/S. Doug's Jackpine Whizzer story is Epic in itself. Ask him about it sometime. We try and keep this ride down to 15 riders so it doesn't get out of control but I think everyone who really wanted to come did. I can't wait till next years ride.
Cher'o,
Dwight
:D

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

tlanders

I wished I could have been there on my Piner. I went to Kansas City to help my daughter move out, she is moving to California, and to the MOVMX races. My Penton colored MC 80 with J.P. Morgen reed cage conversion 400 was awesome, I just wish the rider was!!! It has so much low end power that I geared it 14/52 to try to reduce wheel spin.
Maybe I can make it next year. All the guys who went to the ISDTVQ said they were coming back and had a fantastic time. Crash Carden is writing the report on the race. Can't wait to see it.

Teddy

Tony Price

Add one more POGer to the list who was there, even though I was injured reserve, and driving the gas truck.

Tony
Tony

firstturn

Dwight,
  Doug is down in Texas now and still has that smile.  He said it was a wonderful ride and a great time had by all.  Thanks for sharing with us the information on the ride.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Tony Price

Got a peek at Ron C's new toy.  

Pretty darn nice for a non-Austrian made mount.  Nice enough even to not give him a hard time that it came from across the wrong ocean.

Say hello to Doug, Dot, and CoCo for me.  I hope their drive down 59 was a good one.

From just North of Dallas,

Tony
Tony

firstturn

Tony,
  Thanks for the kind words.  Doug told me no one looked at it[8D].  Just remember that it started with Pentons after a few times of buying other brands.  
  Doug, Dot and Ms CoCo made it fine. I saw them off at 6AM this morning on their way to Florida.  If he finds another Penton while playing golf I'm taking my clubs and making the rounds in Florida.  Doug said he really appreciated ALL YOUR HELP.  I heard the KE100 was holding its own.  I'm happy to hear all had a great time.
  Now if we could just get that smile off Doug's face.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh