anybody seen my jaw???

Started by cardojr, February 08, 2004, 01:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalkfab

What?! Are we finished? Hell, This is the only place that I can blow off some steam,and I do believe you started it! NAH NAH Nah.Oh,one more thing.Ron,I called Al B. and told him to give you special pricing on ALL repop's by All Custom.I thought that a additional 25% was a good deal,so quit your whining.And if you call me "SIR" again---oh forget it.I'm just glad you spelled my name correctly,just like you spell,king,kool,klass,knight,knit-wit.

DKWRACER

Well ok!! Now I got Spooge all over my face.....gimmee a day or two to recover....
Thomas Brosius

firstturn

Mr.Karl,

I heard that Al B. had just contacted All Pro because he kept having his mail come back from that Kustom place, I don't know something about spelling.  I have just moved the engine work bench to the window with the southern exposure with the anticipatation of your "D" engine form your long travel Sachs 125 with the clean tank.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Oh!.....you mean like K-Mart.
Ron, I gave up my "D" motor to Karl so I could afford another Penton....then I sold that Penton so I could pay my property taxes, now I have neither. But it is nice not to be sleeping under a bridge.

firstturn

rob,
  Thanks as always for setting us straight on the source of all of King Karl's good stuff.  Let's see-sleeping under bridges, paying taxes, goo in the gas tank and the dreded NOT TURNING ON THE GAS.  No where but Cleveland.  I forgot I still had some work in your shop KIND SIR.  I will send the mathmatical formula on putting together where I'm coming from.
Your friend(and thats a short list),

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

john durrill

Sir Karl.
 could you do a rubbing of the top outer rear shock mount and e-mail it to us?
 it would be a great help with our project when the brace comes off my neck next month.( boy am i ready for THAT!!!!! chuckle chuckle) we have to fab up the upper mount on my 73 frame and then make up the lower rear mount if i cant locate a nos swing arm like the one you have.
John D.

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by JOHN DURRILL

Sir Karl.
 could you do a rubbing of the top outer rear shock mount and e-mail it to us?
 it would be a great help with our project when the brace comes off my neck next month.( boy am i ready for THAT!!!!! chuckle chuckle) we have to fab up the upper mount on my 73 frame and then make up the lower rear mount if i cant locate a nos swing arm like the one you have.
John D.

Are you making a hybride again John??????:D;)Speedy----->>>>>>

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Zuendapp 125 GS ISDT repl.73
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

john durrill

nope Speedy ,
 Its the same bike. We found a 200 mm fork set ( one of our POG members had one he could part with). The frame looks to be identical to my 73 on the lay down shock 100/125 Sachs powered berkie and six-day ,except for some gussets.
 the top shock mount is a different gusset than my 73 and the shock mount on the swing arm is in a different place. We would like to make up a gusset like the one on Karls bike for the top mount.
 a little more travel front an rear will let me ride a bit longer chuckle chuckle.
 we can get 7 inches in the rear with the right set of works shocks. Thats  if the added height in the rear won't change the steering geometry to much. ( will have to see how much height can be add in the rear  with out messing up the handling)
 Will need to make up a new design swing arm bush set up . The stock rubber ones will only take 15 degrees of rotation befor they come apart, and we will have to run with the 76/77 bikes at the RR. But heck it will let me keep riding.
Anyone out their with a swing arm like Karls they dont need? * GRIN *
 Speedy,
 Peter and i have reservation at the Best Western in Ok so at least one of us will ride but we will both be there ( all depends on how fast the bone grafts fuse  together for me to ride).
 John & Peter D

Speedy

nope Speedy ,
 Its the same bike. We found a 200 mm fork set ( one of our POG members had one he could part with). The frame looks to be identical to my 73 on the lay down shock 100/125 Sachs powered berkie and six-day ,except for some gussets.
 the top shock mount is a different gusset than my 73 and the shock mount on the swing arm is in a different place. We would like to make up a gusset like the one on Karls bike for the top mount.
 a little more travel front an rear will let me ride a bit longer chuckle chuckle.
 we can get 7 inches in the rear with the right set of works shocks. Thats  if the added height in the rear won't change the steering geometry to much. ( will have to see how much height can be add in the rear  with out messing up the handling)
 Will need to make up a new design swing arm bush set up . The stock rubber ones will only take 15 degrees of rotation befor they come apart, and we will have to run with the 76/77 bikes at the RR. But heck it will let me keep riding.
Anyone out their with a swing arm like Karls they dont need? * GRIN *
 Speedy,
 Peter and i have reservation at the Best Western in Ok so at least one of us will ride but we will both be there ( all depends on how fast the bone grafts fuse  together for me to ride).
 John & Peter D

Great John,...I will see you at my SECOND best only to LYNN BABYS BBQ at my HERCULES INTERNATIONAL VINDURO CAMP.(at least SHE claims to be the best)I can bring 2 BBQ units for a competition BBQ ""called Southern HOT against Northern Cool"" :D:D:D

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Glenn Sonntag

Guys,

Craig C., over at the h***yclub.com, has listed exactly correct Magura dust covers for $24 per pair plus shipping.  If they're still available, these appear to be what a lot of us are looking for, albeit not from one of our Penton suppliers.

Glenn

Hello SAMSTAG,...I have 2 sets,they need to be boiled in oil to get them flexible again but I sell them for 10,-- a pair + shipping.
Anybody????

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Doug Wilford

Tom;
You have me baffled.  How in the ---- do you think that the Penton Owners Group has anything to do with how much someone will pay for a part that they need, or want.   It seems that if a person under his or her personal circumstance needs a certain component to finish a project it is darn well his business how much he is willing to pay to accomplish his or her goals.   Now what does POG have to do with that?   Why complain?    The value of the bikes are not sky rocketing because of the cost people are paying for items.
Hello DOUG,..
Still as agressive as you where when you where the US team manager eh???????Speedy---->>>>>>>

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

LynnCamp

Sweety Speedy,
Unfortunately someone else is going to have defend the South's claim to the best BBQ.  The last thing I want to do is cook.  This is a vacation for me (I work 60 grinding hours a week in a pressure cooker environment).  As Southern Bell[:X], I intend to be pampered, entertained and thoroughly enjoy myself... and, most of all, get in some great trail riding!

But I really look forward to joining the "Speedee Whoopee Clausen Zink Ranch Campside BBQ Festeroo". Y'all just let me know what we can contribute from the local supermarket -- ribs, beans, chips, coleslaw, plastic silverware... whatever...   Question:  As a die-hard Penton fan, will I be struck by lightening if I visit the Hercules Campsite?

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by LynnCamp

Sweety Speedy,
Unfortunately someone else is going to have defend the South's claim to the best BBQ.  The last thing I want to do is cook.  This is a vacation for me (I work 60 grinding hours a week in a pressure cooker environment).  As Southern Bell[:X], I intend to be pampered, entertained and thoroughly enjoy myself... and, most of all, get in some great trail riding!

But I really look forward to joining the "Speedee Whoopee Clausen Zink Ranch Campside BBQ Festeroo". Y'all just let me know what we can contribute from the local supermarket -- ribs, beans, chips, coleslaw, plastic silverware... whatever...   Question:  As a die-hard Penton fan, will I be struck by lightening if I visit the Hercules Campsite?

Lynn-Baby,...after testriding my SACHS(the real one) you may come over to us forever,....Thats OK,...We make you INTERNATIONAL.Wait until you meet BURCHARD,....[}:)]:D

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

john durrill

Speedy , the only real Sachs were the 5 and six speeder. just ask Leo chuckle chuckle. !
John D.

Speedy

Speedy , the only real Sachs were the 5 and six speeder. just ask Leo chuckle chuckle. !
John D.
Johnny,...be carefull what you saying,....There will be Oklahoma,....
(unfortunaly NO LEO this year)Speedy----->>>>>>[B)]:(:([V]

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996