Doug Wilford look alike?

Started by firstturn, February 25, 2004, 05:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Check out page 113 in the new Walneck's issue.  The 6-Day helmet gives it away.  Good to see the Great one in print again.

You Fan Club

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OhioTed

Ron,  Pardon my ignorance, but as a newcomer to POG, I am obviouly missing something.  However, my curiosity has gotten the best of me.  I have the Walnecks picture in front of me.  Who IS the handsome devil in the skunk-stripe helmet on the Herc ****el?

firstturn

Ted,
  No problem.  It is our own POG Treasurer, Gold Metal Winner, Post Web Master, Team Manager for Penton and Captain in 1972 when the USA won the Whatling Trophy.  Doug is known as the Geru of building Sachs engines and is a wealth of information to our organization.  Doug and his wife(and dog-CoCo) live in Amhearst Ohio.
  Thats the good side.  The bad side is I know I made some mistake in this answer and I will be corrected by someone[B)].
  Thanks for asking Ted.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OhioTed

Thank you, Ron.  That is just too cool.  Doug, if you are checking this out - I am so impressed!  For the record, when I stumbled into the POG display during Cleveland Cycle World show, it was Mr. W's smilin' face that I first saw.  He was gracious enough to answer all my questions, which led me to join POG, and to renew my involvement with our favorite marque.  Next time I see The Great One, I'm gettin' his autograph!  You got stories in you, mister.  How 'bout sharing with us plain folks?  TED

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by OhioTed

Thank you, Ron.  That is just too cool.  Doug, if you are checking this out - I am so impressed!  For the record, when I stumbled into the POG display during Cleveland Cycle World show, it was Mr. W's smilin' face that I first saw.  He was gracious enough to answer all my questions, which led me to join POG, and to renew my involvement with our favorite marque.  Next time I see The Great One, I'm gettin' his autograph!  You got stories in you, mister.  How 'bout sharing with us plain folks?  TED

He drove the Penton 18 wheeler all his life.What kind of storys would he have to tell.(Traffic problems)????/:D[}:)]:D
Speedy---->>>>>>

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Zuendapp 125 GS ISDT repl.73
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996