Previous topic - Next topic

Rain Man

Are  Penton pipes that hard to install, or is it just me?\
Raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

pentonpal

Rain Man,

They can be difficult to install.  I've found the best way is to remove the cylinder head, then install the pipe.  It provides some needed pipe space, then then head can be reinstalled with a liitle added effort.

Hope this helps,  Scott

john durrill

Raymond,
 try taking off all the rubber mounts from the pipe and frame , the carb loose and tilted at 45 degrees or more to the side. Then slide the pipe into the frame as you rotate the pipe for best clearance. sometimes it helps to have the exhaust manifold unbolted . slip the pipe into the manifold as you slide the pipe up the last 3 inches or so.. the pipe get tweeked a bit over time and that is where the problem lies. a pipe that is like new will go on with out haveing to remove anything but the mounts .this is for a 72 through 75 cmf frame. KTM engine models would need one engine strut removed most times. what model do you have?
John D>

Rain Man

Thanks guys,  John I have a 1972 125 six day.  I got the pipe on with your recommendations.  Remove the exhaust manifold.  The pipe has been smashed and repaired towards the exhaust end. I'm just kinda curious what techique other people have used.  Taking off the cylinder head seems like the final answer for a real stubborn one.
 Talk about putting 5lbs of crap in a 2lbs can. [8D]
   Raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons