VDO hold down bracket

Started by Mike Schulz, February 18, 2013, 10:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Schulz

Hi all,
I am looking to buy a hold down bracket which mounts to the bottom of a VDO speedo and holds it in place in the speedo/front number
plate holder for a steel tanker. It is " U - shaped (with squared corners!)" with holes for speedo cable and bolts which come off the bottom of the speedo. Already have the VDO, just need the bracket/hold down. If you have one and are willing to sell please contact me at [email protected] or (630)671-2368. If you know where I can find one, any leads would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!
Mike Schulz

Kevin Grimes

Mike,
 Try North Hollywood Speedo. their web site is nhspeedometer.com.
  Web site says the oldest VDO dealer in the country.
 They just rebuilt a VDO for me and made a new cable to go with it.
                                         Kevin

Dale Fisher

Or you can watch for a generic and ask for dimensions.  I previous purchased a bracket that was described as for a Polaris.  It was the same size and dimensions but plated.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joyner-650-800-1100-Speedometer-Tachometer-Bracket-/300539444464?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45f98bfcf0&vxp=mtr

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Mike Schulz

Thanks for the help! I was able to purchase a bracket through Patrick at nhspeedometer.com.
Mike Schulz

Kip Kern

That will be my next shop to check out when I go visit the kids in SoCal, it is only about 2 miles from my son!

Mike Schulz

Thanks for the help! I was able to purchase a bracket through Patrick at nhspeedometer.com.
Mike Schulz

Kip Kern

That will be my next shop to check out when I go visit the kids in SoCal, it is only about 2 miles from my son!