'76 GS250 RESTO

Started by Keith May, March 14, 2004, 10:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith May

I'm starting a restoration project on a '76 GS250. Need various parts, specifically a rear brake stay/chain guide, as well as manuals and parts lists. Any help will be much appreciated. Looking to stockpile a few parts for future projects too.

G Ellis

KMAY try the suppliers link on the POG web page. If you need decals for your GS I am getting some made for my 77 GS6 175. Hope this will help.

tomale

Kmay, I am sure that all of the suppliers listed on this site would be of help to you but if I may the first person I would call is Al Buehner. He will take very good care of you. I have relied on Al for a number of things and he has always come through for me. You might list some of the things that you are in need of right here and the chances are pretty good that someone connected to this group has it. May also say Welcome. This is a class act and the people here are the best. You have found it. If you love Pentons this is the place to be.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Keith May

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help. I've already contacted Al and have purchased parts list and manuals. I'm sure he is going to go right on my speed-dial. It's been over thirty years and I really miss my 125 ISDT. I sold it a long time ago and now find myself in a mid life crisis, so to speak.

tmc3c

Hi Kmay, I am just in the final stages on my full resto of my 1976 250gs and if I can be of help just yell ! What color are you going with on the fiberglass work? If you are using Orange I can line you up with a color match.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Keith May

Hi Thomas,
I found a really decent orange tank and the right side number plate is orange (although it needs some repair). Guess I'll put it back to orange. Right now I just want to get it into good running shape then do a full resto later. Lots of little things need to be taken care of first. I will need paint codes (orange and frame)if you know what they are.
Thanks, Keith

tmc3c

Kmay, The orange is a dupont urethan base coat and the code is ys017 and the yellow for the number plates is ys914 and I had my frame powder coated by Ken Stone at millennium Performance Coatings at [864] 963-4042 he also powder coated my pipe and chromed the tip for me too. I know that it might not be that you would want to send your frame to him because of freight but I think Doug Wilford called him at got a color from him and he also said it was right on for the color silver for the frame. If you want me to I can call him next week and find out the color or you can call him and work out a plan with him. He is a nice guy to work with. Hope this help's. Let me know if I can help.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Keith May

Hi Thomas,
I found a really decent orange tank and the right side number plate is orange (although it needs some repair). Guess I'll put it back to orange. Right now I just want to get it into good running shape then do a full resto later. Lots of little things need to be taken care of first. I will need paint codes (orange and frame)if you know what they are.
Thanks, Keith

tmc3c

Kmay, The orange is a dupont urethan base coat and the code is ys017 and the yellow for the number plates is ys914 and I had my frame powder coated by Ken Stone at millennium Performance Coatings at [864] 963-4042 he also powder coated my pipe and chromed the tip for me too. I know that it might not be that you would want to send your frame to him because of freight but I think Doug Wilford called him at got a color from him and he also said it was right on for the color silver for the frame. If you want me to I can call him next week and find out the color or you can call him and work out a plan with him. He is a nice guy to work with. Hope this help's. Let me know if I can help.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler