78 sidecover stickers

Started by tomale, March 31, 2004, 10:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomale

I am looking for a set of stickers for a 78 KTM MC5 400 I have the left side cover but it is in really bad shape. I have a set of the new fiberglass covers but they are unpainted and of course no stickers. Would love to make my bike happy by uniting the new covers with the right stickers.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

DKWRACER

Tomale, if you send me an email I will forward the email address of the guy who is in the process of making 78 decals....Tom......
Thomas Brosius

rcrump1

Tom;
If it's not too much trouble could you post the information. I need these decals as well and there may be others.
Thanks
Richard

Mike Lenz

I have most the mc-5 and mc-80 decals and can copy them onto sticker paper but you would have to cover them with the clear stuff. If you want something post your adr here and I will send you some. I use these on my bikes and if covered with the thick clear sticky stuff they look and last great, at a small cost.

DKWRACER

His name is John Weinmann email is [email protected], was working on Concours quality stuff, I do like Mikes suggestion to clearcoat over simple copies of decals to save costs etc....
Thomas Brosius

Mike Lenz

You would be suprised what good printers can do today. Passed a fake 20 off on my buddy who runs a eatery!! I then told him! These decals look good and if you covered them first with the clear sheet and then cut them out you couldnt tell the differance. However for racing make the clear covering at least a quarter inch larger to seal out water better.

BrianTaylor

Mike pardon my ignorance but what " clear sheet " can it be bought at the big box office supply places or is this something special.... Brian T ( with lots of decals he would like to make )

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

tomale

Thanks guys I will check them out, DKW, I sent you an email let me know if you did not get it. thanks. I like the idea of printing onto sticky paper. I made a sign last week using vinyl, I cut the letter out using stensiles and then sprayed contact cement on them and then stuck them to the background. It turned out pretty well, Not quite as good as the pros but alot cheaper. It is a temporary sign that will be used  once a year. so it is fine. Covering the sticker with clear is a really good idea.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Larry Perkins

I have a few sets of the 78 sidepanel stickers left that were re-makes if anyone needs them.

Larry Perkins

I should have said the ones I have are for the 78 250 MC5.

G Ellis

I can get decals made up for these, if you can send photos and measurement. Decals will last 3 years in the sun, with out fading. Warranty for three years not to fade in the sun. Can get almost any decals made this way. Hope this will help.