US Trophy Team sticker?

Started by crash carden, March 31, 2004, 01:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash carden

Hello does anyone out there know where I can buy a 1970 US Trophy Team sticker. The one I am looking for came on my 73 Jackpiner airbox cover. It was 2&3/4" wide x 3&1/2" long. It was a sheild shaped sticker made out of a shiny foil like paper with a blue field of 36 white stars at the top. Below that on a silver and white striped back ground it said in large letters PENTON then under that,US Trophy Team.Under that and off to the left side it had the FIM logo, to the right of that it said gold metal winner 46th international sixdays trial. Below that it had the penton family crest. It was trimed in blue,red,and silver. I would like to buy a couple of these if possible. Any help would be great. Thanks, Crash Carden.

firstturn

Crash,
  If you find any I need one.  And I will do likewise if I find more than one.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Kip Kern

I thought I was the only one needing a dozen of those.  They came on the airbox cover of the 72CMF's up and the Mudlark also.  I sent a NOS decal to SoCal Decal (Decal Works) and they had it a year but could not redo it due to the Penton crest on it.  I even sent SoCal a large copy of the crest but no dice.  I have given a NOS decal to Randy K. but I don't think he is having any luck either.  The last detailed decal I had reproduced like the one needed cost me $$$$ art fee! I also gave a NOS decal to the folks who made the little repro tin signs at Mid Ohio and that deal fell through[V]  I have tried but to no avail! I would take a dozen if I could get them;)

Randy Kirkbride

Kip,
I still have your sample & we're still working to improve on the one you saw at the AMA.  Maybe we could get another prototype finished by the time I come over.

Kip Kern

Thanks Randy,  I'll pick up your cylinder tonight from Forest and hopefully have your engine done by the end of the weekend.  That piston was close but got it bored.  We'll talk!