Mikuni wassell

Started by Lew Mayer, April 05, 2004, 09:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew Mayer

Anybody out there ever use a Mikuni on a Wassell and get it jetted right? I couldn't find anything in old posts. How 'bout you Dennis? I just picked another 72 or 73 this weekend at York. It's got a Mikuni on it,not sure what size yet. I got the original Amal with it but I don't think that's the way to go. The Mikuni sure isn't jetted right though.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Dennis D

Lew, don't know if I'm the Dennis you are looking for or not. I have a Mikuni on my 72 Piner. It's a 30mm off of a 71 250 DT1 mx I believe. Are you interested in selling the Amal? I need one for my early Piner to get closer on the resto. Is the Mikuni on your bike a flange or spigot mount? Dennis D

Dennis Jones

Hi Lew, I have not tried a Mikuni but a friend took the Amal off and put a Mikuni on his 4 speed Bultaco trials and it works well. I would think it needs to be a very small one to get a real clean bottom end. Keep us posted on what you find.
Congratulations on the nice cover shot.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Lew Mayer

I guess I should have specified which Dennis. I meant DJ. I know he has all the Wassells or at least half the Wassells in the world. I'll keep you posted Dennis Jones. Now I have to study up on my Mikuni Jets again. Dennis D, I don't want to part with the Amal just yet, but if I decide to get rid of it, I'll give you a holler. Oh, and the Mikuni is a spigot mount.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Lew Mayer

Dennis Jones, do you have any small Bings for sale if I get frustrated with this Mikuni?

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Bob Gilman

Lew, What ever happened to those famous words that guy told us about the wassell "It runs perfect"!  Maybe you should call him, maybe not!  Bob

Lew Mayer

Bob,
It does run good, just not clean. Motor sounds real good. Gotta clean her up for trials though.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Dennis Jones

Sorry Lew, I don't have any extra carbs.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones