Maintenance video(s)

Started by CWilson, April 21, 2004, 07:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CWilson

I fired up my 1975 Six Days (street legal of course) this evening and took a relaxing ride through the neighborhood. Upon returning home I was thinking sooner or later two things will happen to my beloved Penton.  (1) The motoplat ignition WILL fail and (2) I will shear another selector key.  I can deal with replacing the motoplat with a PVL system.  What I'm extremely reluctant to do is replace the selector key.  Might there be a POG member who can put a video together showing in detail the process of replacing the sachs selector key without splitting the cases?  I have not come across any literature or photographs of how this is done.  Larry Perkins talked me through the process many months ago but it would be nice to watch someone do it. I would plop some cash down for one.  Any takers?

Craig Wilson
Craig Wilson

Mike Lenz

Cheap Motoplats sold Here. I have a ton of em! And since racing vintage in 97 I have not had any I have used be bad and have not have any in use fail. They seem to work forever, but Id rather have a lighter flywheel PVL on some bikes!