Know Dale Walter who rides DKW Sachs?

Started by Big Mac, April 21, 2004, 01:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

I met a guy named Dale Walter for about 5 minutes on the start line of a 50 mile desert race in eastern WA last Sunday. Any chance you DKW guys know him or how to get in touch?  

A real nice +60 guy out of Idaho, riding a very clean total resto DKW/Sachs 125...one of a very small bunch of us riding vintage iron. We were chatting up old bikes and NW vintage riding when the air horn went off and I hammered away into the dust cloud--never saw the guy again.

Results show he finished the event on the dimunitive Deek. Admirable! It was a tough bugger on both man and machine. Seems like a tough old guy I need to keep in touch with!  thanks, Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

deek

Hi Big Mac

Didn't know I made an impression at the Stumpjumpers 100.Was that you on the Huskey?? Poor ole DKW came home with a missing rear brake pedal and dent in the tank. But I think I was hurting more so than it. lol. Kind of glad the Six Day was'nt ready, the tank would be history. You can reach me at [email protected]
I'll send you an e-mail.

Dale

Big Mac

That was me (sorry Poggers about the Husky mount, didn't want to bang up the Penton). Good to know you Dale! Few will know what it was to finish this event, not to mention on a 125 Deek. hats off! Talk to you offline.
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR