Why am I smiling?

Started by Dave Withrow, April 19, 2004, 10:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Withrow

O.K.  Here's the deal.
Friday-12:00 noon.  I arrive at Lake Egypt Park with Mitch Winder and the gang only to find a field full of wooden stakes (?)
5:00pm-go trail riding with some buddies.  After a nasty get-off and loss of my kick-starter I'm starting to worry
Saturday morning-Ah... a new day!  Fresh start, right?  Nope!  Moto 1- flat tire, Moto 2-snapped throtle cable. O.K.  Could happen to anybody.  I get cleaned up and consider driving to town only to find my battery has given up the ghost.  This is getting wierd.  Not to worry.  Sunday's CC will be a great trail ride....yep, just wait.
Sunday-feeling great about the hare scramble.  My battery is charging and I'm ready to run.  Everything was going fine until a tree limb jumped up and hit the box-to-carb boot.
As I'm being towed back to the pits from about 2 miles out I keep thinking that this has to be the worst weekend I've ever had riding bikes.  So why am I smiling?  Here's why.
We were provided with beautiful weather for the weekend.  Got to meet and greet with fellow POG members Teddy, Randy, Mic, the Jones boys, and Tom Viers.  I took some kids fishing after the races on Saturday.  I got to sit around the campfire and talk with Mitch, Gary, Rik, Tracy and the gang.  Heck, I even kicked Teddy's soccer ball a couple of times.
Do I feel bad about the racing?  Sure.....but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.  Thanks guys.  See you next time.

Dennis Jones

Dave, Thanks for taking the heat for the rest of us. You can carry a big load with class.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

tlanders

Dave you are great. The love of the Lord is evident in your life. You are always more concerned for others than yourself. It was a blessing to me to be with you last weekend.

Teddy

Mike Lenz

Now I understand why you said you were not in the garage much this winter...bike prep...Sorry couldnt resist!

Tommy_V

Dave you're the best!  You handled it all with true grace!  I can testify, I was parked next to Dave all weekend and it was scary to witness!  Thanks for the help loading!

Tommy

Tom
Tommy

Dave Withrow

MIIIIIIIIKE,
    Where were you when I needed you?  Hate to break it to you, but.........THEY HAD GYROS!  By the way, you got a spare part for the inside of the Bing that holds the throttle cable down?  I've got a 36mm that needs one.   Gyros are part of the deal!

Mike Lenz

DAAVVE, He tries to bribe me to work on his bikes by dangling one of my favorite foods in front of me. A terrible ,low, thing to do to a person with a weight problem!

Rain Man

ppheww, for a minute there I thought you guys were talking about another kind of gyro. cool, your only referring to food Happy Trails
Raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons