175 Engines

Started by metalkfab, April 28, 2001, 10:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalkfab

Can '73 and'74 175 KTM cylinders be resleeved? Does anyone stock top end parts? I have 3 cylinders that I would like to renew.I am also looking for a airboot to fit my Lectron carbed,reed valved 'Piner.Any suggestions? Thanx

Mike Lenz

I know the black engines do not have a liner. Not sure about 74. No liners are avib. anyway that I know of. I thought of putting on a 77-79 cyl. on an older engine. Stroke is the same. Piston and cyl. are shorter, but it should work if used together, and they are more findable.

metalkfab

I've located a source that is looking into manufacturing sleeves for 175 cylinders.Are pistons available? Is this a viable idea or am I wasting time?

gooey

if you need a cylinder to play with in that sleeving project,, I have one here ... its got a different kind of problem ,, and would be a good candidate for machining and testing ... pay the postage and its yours ... 1973 black 175, by the way ...

OH ! and its still standard size

metalkfab

Gooey,Thanks for the offer,my machinist just asked me if we could get one to tear down.Please e-mail me at [email protected] with address. Thanks!

Mike Lenz

I believe pistons are very scarce,so find one first!

dennis foley

i am going through the deal with 250 engines,nobody seems to have any 2nd or 3rd over pistons, today i called la sleeve in ca. and talk to dave, he said they made sleeves for ktm engines long ago and might  still have some sleeves left, if not he could make some for around $175.00 you might give him a call, unless sombody has a better idea.