prayer request

Started by Dave Withrow, June 15, 2004, 09:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Withrow

I'm not sure if many of you know Larry Shope.  He builds and races Pentons and KTMs.  This past weekend must have been tough for him and his family.
During Saturday's Cross Country at Casey, Larry went down and ended up with his bike laying on top of him.  He was in such a position that he couldn't get the bike off of himself, resulting in 2nd and 3rd degree burns from the exhaust pipe on his back and right arm.  
The next morning Larry pulls into the pits and said he had to get back to Oklahoma.  I figured it was due to the burns, but he said his father-in-law had past away during the night.
You know, sometimes we have bad days at the track.....throw a chain, have a flat,break a bike, but when events like Larry had experienced happen, it makes us remember the "real" important things.
Get well soonest, Larry...and peace be with you and your family.......

firstturn

Dave,
  Do you have Larry's e-mail or address so that we can show our concern?  Thanks for keeping us updated and it does give us a reality check on the "real" important things.

Larry,  
  If you do read this you and your family will be in my prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tomale

Yes Larry, sorry to hear about the Loss. just because it is not your father does not mean that it does not effect you deeply, I will let my church know so that we can hold you all up in prayer. Take care and keep looking up!

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

herman

Ower prayers go to his family .As every one knows that family comes first.Thanks for posting this as i have bought a complete engine from Larry and was looking for it today,Now i know it will most likely will be next week. Herm

Herm
Herm