Trail Ride/Mid-Ohio

Started by tmc3c, June 14, 2004, 06:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

With all of the POG guys being at Mid-Ohio are there any trail rides being planned while we are there? This week's CYCLE NEWS really talked bad of the road race course,and the mishap that happened on the mx track last year, I was just thinking maybe a ride could be arranged for JUST PENTON'S like a poker run. I know that this is a little late in the game and also with me being here in S.C. I would be of little help but maybe next year.It would really be neat to ride with my friends!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Jeff Reid

Sounds like a good idea. What about some POG action in the Southeast? How close are you to Greenville/Spartanburg?
Jeff Reid

tmc3c

Hey Jeff,I live in Greer.Which as you know is pretty close to either.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Doug Wilford

Your suggestions are great.   A trail ride at Mid-Ohio?   On a scale of 1-10 with Ten the best chance.   How about a 1 or 2.  We did in the beginning of the AHRMA moto-cross at Mid-Ohio have an all PENTON Moto during intermission.    Now the schedule of races is so full they don't even have a scheduled break.  
  It would be really a great idea to have Penton trail rides in different areas of the country.   If any members want to undertake doing a trail ride in their area, POG will put all the information in the newsletter and help promote the event.    One of our local members has taken it upon himself (with the help of his friends 300 acres) to go out and make a 5 mile loop on this land and then for one Saturday and Sunday he has a trail ride.   Many enjoyed it last year with wives, kids and grandkids all getting a chance to ride together.  Just havin fun.

tmc3c

Hey Doug, That is just what I am talking about"just the POG family" ride!! Have a cook out maybe ride 2 days. Does it have to be a closed land trail or could we all meet between here and there and camp and ride? There is several Goverment ORV trail systems here in S.C. and a pretty good one down Swamp Foxes way in Charleston. This could work good in several ways, while we ride the wife and kids could take in some history and get some shoping in and we all could have some fresh seafood to boot!! The down side is that it is a LOOOONG way from Ohio.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

swamp fox

Hey TC,
I plan on buying a bunch of property when I win the Lotto,;) and make some trails and have everyone come down and stay. I'll even build some cabins for everyone to stay in![8D] Nothin' like good ole Southern hospitality. We could have some fried shrimp, shrimp gumbo, boiled shrimp, shrimp kabobs, shrimp..... well you know, it goes on and on.[:p] Mama always said,"Life is like a box of chotlats, ya nevr know what yur gonna get!"

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)