Wanted:Sachs Engine Brace

Started by firstturn, June 19, 2004, 06:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

I would like to purchase a set of engine braces for my '74 Berkshire project.  I will gladly purchase, trade or remember you in my will[:o)].  Any leads would be appreciated.
  And check out the picture of Tom Benolkin on page 88 in the new VMX (issue No23) riding a Penton.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

john durrill

Ron ,
 We used a set off the 72 175 on the old 100/125 back when. You have to do a little modifying but they look stock when your done. I have a set for my Bike thanks to Phil Schloss but will be using them if i ever get the jetting where i think its right!!!!! chuckle chuckle.
JOhn D.

firstturn

I have had several people e-mail me about what thes braces look like.  If you look at the Penton pictured on the home page you will see the brace going from the frame at the back of the gas tank to the engine.  And they were an accessory, not stock.  Thanks for the inquires and I hope it helps some that have never seen this brackett before.:)

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rocket

Ron
My 72 6-day has the engine braces.  If you need them for a pattern, I can send them to you after Mid-Ohio.
Rod

firstturn

Rocket,
  As always you are a true friend.  I have a set on the Steve Wise bike that I can reproduce.  I bought a set last year for what was supposed to fit a Penton, but they don't.  Another spare that I don't know what to do with[:o)].
  I was just hoping to purchase a set.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh