TRICK and COLLECTIBLE 100cc BERKSHIRE

Started by Larry Perkins, June 23, 2004, 05:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

I am going to put my GNC 100cc SCHOOLBOY CHAMPIONSHIP bike on eBay and thought I would offer it here on the POG first.  It was originally special built for the GNC useing a 1973 chassis and a 1974 motor.  It has Carl Cranke porting, Carl Cranke pipe, milled head, 32mm Mikuni carb, PVL ignition, NOS alloy Hipoint tank with New stickers, NOS Petty fenders, New tires front and rear, NOS sprockets, New chain, NOS Magura grips, New seat cover on Factory aluminum base, trick aluminum skid plate, NOS brake pedal and bushings, New cables, NOS throttle, New plastic sidepanels, New aircleaner, and New Renthal bars.  Motor was completely rebuilt by Doug Wilford and has been started once.  The frame was painted and except for the rims it is pretty much restored to the level it was when it won the 100cc GNC title back in "The Day".  The rear rim has a decent dinker and a tiny bit of rust but I have a good set of alloys that will go with the bike and a nice NOS spares package to keep the bike going many years including some shifting parts.  The only other thing it needs is a seat needle on the carb.  I went to fire it up recently and it was sticking and overflowed gas.

This bike besides being unique in appearance and very trick is probably the fastest Vintage 100 on the planet.  It is also VERY COLLECTIBLE as it is probably the last Penton to win a MX National Title.  It is not inexpensive but there is not another 100cc Bekshire around that will compare in performance, collectibility, or looks.  I will give it a few days to see if there is any interest then on to eBay.  E-mail me or call my house in the P.M. till about 9 Central (417)831-9612.

Larry Perkins

OUCWBOY

I have seen this bike and it is everything Larrys says and MORE!!!!!
If I had the Money, I'd buy it. This is a piece of History and well worth the money.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Steve Minor

Any chance of getting a picture posted on the homepage....perhaps the next homepage "cover shot"?
Steve Minor

Larry Perkins

I forgot to mention that John signed the tank and the forks were rebuilt with New springs, seals, and wipers.  The bike also has rebuilt Koni shocks on the back.  Thanks.

Larry

firstturn

Thanks Larry,
  The 1974 GNC Schoolboy Championship Bike is coming home to Texas, where it won that year in the Astrodome.  It seemed like yesterday when you out run the best on all those very fast lightweight DG, FMF and J&B racers.  It was a very proud moment when you accomplished that feat.  That last Moto must have seemed to have lasted an hour to you.  I know I didn't see how you were able to keep the pace, the rest is History.  
  Thanks Larry for the great Races, all you have done to promote Pentons and the people you have helped.  It is truly a special bike.........Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Thanks Larry,
  The 1974 GNC Schoolboy Championship Bike is coming home to Texas, where it won that year in the Astrodome.  It seemed like yesterday when you out run the best on all those very fast lightweight DG, FMF and J&B racers.  It was a very proud moment when you accomplished that feat.  That last Moto must have seemed to have lasted an hour to you.  I know I didn't see how you were able to keep the pace, the rest is History.  
  Thanks Larry for the great Races, all you have done to promote Pentons and the people you have helped.  It is truly a special bike.........Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh